JL center console sub

1 hour ago, Lsgun1 said:

From what I'm reading the JL is supposed to be pretty bad ass. Subs meant for small space encloures and the box is all fiberglass. If it was $500 it would be a lot more appealing since it still needs an amp.

Subs also need a certain amount of space between the cone and loading wall aka the floor in this instance.   So i think it is going to sound muffled and wont allow for full extension.  

I bought a custom made box from a member on here well over a year ago to replace the factory bose one. I believe I got one of the last ones he made before he stopped doing it. Too bad though because quality, customer service, instructions, and price were all great. I put a JL w8 powered by an Alpine amp (with a rux knob) in it. Sounds amazing paired with the factory Bose speakers. I'm very impressed with how hard it can hit when you crank it up. Sounds very clean and crisp at normal levels. Very glad I did it...

I bought a custom made box from a member on here well over a year ago to replace the factory bose one. I believe I got one of the last ones he made before he stopped doing it. Too bad though because quality, customer service, instructions, and price were all great. I put a JL w8 powered by an Alpine amp (with a rux knob) in it. Sounds amazing paired with the factory Bose speakers. I'm very impressed with how hard it can hit when you crank it up. Sounds very clean and crisp at normal levels. Very glad I did it...

Chris do you have any pics? That w8 is a decent sub and it might be a fun project adding 1 in the center console before I throw a couple subs under the back seat. Plan for right now is 4 DD 506'S but I might buy 1 now to throw in the console spot

Edited by Bohanan23

Hello all, I’m new to this forum so be kind f I’m posting this in the wrong place. I’ve recently bought an 05 Yukon a and it turns out that the previous owner cut the entire wire harness I guess the OEM white harness and now I’m stuck with nothing trying to figure it out I don’t know which wires go where her 30 minutes the choirs or what the case may be and if anybody has pictures and diagrams or any input as to where to even begin please advise I’m almost ready just to my entire wiring harness for the entire vehicle I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, elpapasneaky said:

Hello all, I’m new to this forum so be kind f I’m posting this in the wrong place. I’ve recently bought an 05 Yukon a and it turns out that the previous owner cut the entire wire harness I guess the OEM white harness and now I’m stuck with nothing trying to figure it out I don’t know which wires go where her 30 minutes the choirs or what the case may be and if anybody has pictures and diagrams or any input as to where to even begin please advise I’m almost ready just to my entire wiring harness for the entire vehicle I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go to the 99-06 section

• Like 1

what did he say that turned you away from it. 
Direction of the sub matters and downfiring like that wont give me what i want

The center console box i ordered just showed up and its going right up for sale

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Nasty said:

Direction of the sub matters and downfiring like that wont give me what i want

The center console box i ordered just showed up and its going right up for sale

Give it a try. You might be surprised 

Give it a try. You might be surprised 
Gonna have to pass. Its already io for sale. I know it wont do what i need it to

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, huntr1117 said:

I dont have a JL box but I did get an aftermarket box off Ebay that replaces the factory Bose sub in the console with an 8" sub. I removed my 10" sub box that I had under my rear seat so I could reinstall my underseat storage box. The 8" in the center console sounds so much better than the 10" under the rear seat. It doesn't rattle and just sounds clean.8d554e799c65eef8300a6e1b7a84e67b.jpga1f1451d93938a60f81b0fc5472dee32.jpg45de39fa8de543558fbca9a75b2b6378.jpg64cd20bef03d2594e8dbd15584e6f9f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

do you know the dimensions and volume of this box?  I don’t see it in ebay anymore and will build one.