JL center console sub

Does anyone have one or just an aftermarket sub in that spot?  If so how does it sound?

Reason being im doing my audio setup for sq.  And ive been thinking i dint really want to loae my oem center console so this would be a last resort

I'm interested in hearing any feedback from anyone who has that JL sub under the center console. I was looking at it myself but would like to hear from someone who has done it

I dont have a JL box but I did get an aftermarket box off Ebay that replaces the factory Bose sub in the console with an 8" sub. I removed my 10" sub box that I had under my rear seat so I could reinstall my underseat storage box. The 8" in the center console sounds so much better than the 10" under the rear seat. It doesn't rattle and just sounds clean.8d554e799c65eef8300a6e1b7a84e67b.jpga1f1451d93938a60f81b0fc5472dee32.jpg45de39fa8de543558fbca9a75b2b6378.jpg64cd20bef03d2594e8dbd15584e6f9f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, huntr1117 said:

I dont have a JL box but I did get an aftermarket box off Ebay that replaces the factory Bose sub in the console with an 8" sub. I removed my 10" sub box that I had under my rear seat so I could reinstall my underseat storage box. The 8" in the center console sounds so much better than the 10" under the rear seat. It doesn't rattle and just sounds clean.8d554e799c65eef8300a6e1b7a84e67b.jpga1f1451d93938a60f81b0fc5472dee32.jpg45de39fa8de543558fbca9a75b2b6378.jpg64cd20bef03d2594e8dbd15584e6f9f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ive seen those.  Wondered how those boxes were

Edited by Nasty

11 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

I’m in the middle of installing that eBay box now with a kicker 8”. I bought his full kit with the kicker Amp. 

Id like a review.  I didnt get the kicker because the specs werent right for me  the fs is to high.  But either way im thinking for what im doing have the bass in front of me will help. I am sacrificing output but thats fine 

I have the center console JL Audio Stealth Box sub. It sounds awesome. Very tight bass and plenty of volume for me. Can easily shake rear view mirror, but doesn't seem to cause stuff in drink holders or trays to rattle. I powered it with a JL Audio 500 watt amp. Would for sure do it again, but add the remote level knob.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I have the center console JL Audio Stealth Box sub. It sounds awesome. Very tight bass and plenty of volume for me. Can easily shake rear view mirror, but doesn't seem to cause stuff in drink holders or trays to rattle. I powered it with a JL Audio 500 watt amp. Would for sure do it again, but add the remote level knob.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a dsp and dsp controller for all that.  But im going to see how the ebay box does since i just cant get myself to by a jl product

After talking with a buddy. I dont think im going to be using this enclosure in my truck. So when it shows next week its going uo for sale

26 minutes ago, elpapasneaky said:

Did you end up using the sub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got word back they are out of stock on the subs after i ordered.  But they are by far my favorite 8s ive used. Even the 10s are badass

Edited by Nasty

From what I'm reading the JL is supposed to be pretty bad ass. Subs meant for small space encloures and the box is all fiberglass. If it was $500 it would be a lot more appealing since it still needs an amp.