Winter Returned

diyer2

High winds no precip here in Southern CO mountains.  We are getting ice pellets periodically but mostly sunny and dry.  All the moisture so far is blowing east and north from you in atmospheric river off pacific. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, customboss said:

High winds no precip here in Southern CO mountains.  We are getting ice pellets periodically but mostly sunny and dry.  All the moisture so far is blowing east and north from you in atmospheric river off pacific. 

The weather guy says this atmospheric river is pushing 25 times the water in the Mississippi.  Not knowing how much that is, I can tell you by looking out the window for the last 12 hours it's a lot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Zip said:

The weather guy says this atmospheric river is pushing 25 times the water in the Mississippi.  Not knowing how much that is, I can tell you by looking out the window for the last 12 hours it's a lot.

It's an amazing phenomena. Sadly these wild heat driven cycles of crazy amplitude and frequency of activity will make weather guessing tough going forward. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, customboss said:

It's an amazing phenomena. Sadly these wild heat driven cycles of crazy amplitude and frequency of activity will make weather guessing tough going forward. 

Yeah I agree.  This a-River is at least 1000 miles long and about 500 miles wide.  Local weather folks say the worst will be tomorrow.  This put a dent in the reservoirs, the impact on the drought will be seen when they check the snow pack.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, customboss said:

About the same here south of you diyer2 and very icy roads. Texans sliding off the roads 4WD spinning! 🤠

I can’t imagine any self respecting Texan leaving 70-80 degree weather driving they’re 4x4 to frigid Colorado. If they’re going to ski they fly in take a limousine to the resort. Your bias is amazing. Most Texans I know ski on the lake. Drink beer and watch the sights. 😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

I can’t imagine any self respecting Texan leaving 70-80 degree weather driving they’re 4x4 to frigid Colorado. If they’re going to ski they fly in take a limousine to the resort. Your bias is amazing. Most Texans I know ski on the lake. Drink beer and watch the sights. 😎

Its a joke bruh!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

After our cold snap, about a week at zero or below and the most snow in a single event this season it got windy. Then...it got warm and calm. Most of the four to five inches of snow is gone. Roads dry or nearly so. So....took Pepper on a rare winter outing.  40F dry and 3 to 5 mph winds. Pretty sunny day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

After our cold snap, about a week at zero or below and the most snow in a single event this season it got windy. Then...it got warm and calm. Most of the four to five inches of snow is gone. Roads dry or nearly so. So....took Pepper on a rare winter outing.  40F dry and 3 to 5 mph winds. Pretty sunny day. 

Whipsaw weather will be the norm as energy moves what used to normal weather up and down the spectrum.  Volatility galore. 

Just now, customboss said:

Whipsaw weather will be the norm as energy moves what used to normal weather up and down the spectrum.  Volatility galore. 

Just saw the 5 o'clock news. Couple inches of rain starting tonight to about nine am then a dusting of snow. WINDY. Well I had a day. LOL 

• Like 1