Winter Returned

diyer2

We are at 9200 feet in Colorado. We can have snow in June.

Took the boat out for the first time this year on Monday, nice day. Lake is 8700 feet in elevation. 

Started snowing yesterday afternoon. Temp was 40 degrees so some snow melted.

Woke up to 20 degrees, 3 inches and snowing.

View from the lake with a small island included.

ZIEW61x.jpg

suKGfzW.jpg

:)

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On a June Yellowstone trip 2 years ago, my family and I ran Into a mountain top snow storm in the Big Horn mountains to the East of Cody Wyoming.

Caught us by surprise and had to wait for a state highway truck to plow the pass we were on.

Couldn't navigate it in our Ford Edge rental! LOL

Funny thing is by the time we descended into the flat lands near Cody, temp was 86 and somewhat humid out. Shocking for sure.

Beautiful part of the country you live in diyer2 :thumbs:

• Like 1

Late 70' s rode my bike over Yellowstone in mid June from east to west. 80's at the base of the mountain Stayed at the cabins after dinner. Woke up to three feet. Dug the bike out of saddle deep snow and rode down the west side wearing everything I had on the bike.  By the time I got down the west side it was in the 70's. 

What lake is that dyier2? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Beautiful part of the country you live in diyer2

Thanks 

We have mountains, high prairie, mountain passes, steams, creeks, rivers lakes.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What lake is that dyier2? 

11 Mile Reservoir. 

I was on this lake and a hail storm came through. I had an inch of hail in the boat.

Luckily I had a winter coat with a hood and thick gloves.

Still wanted it to end.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had an inch on my hood this morning.  I live NE of Denver.  It's still snowing here at my office downtown.  The wife wants to move west.  She wants more trees.  It's beautiful, but more snow is keeping me from jumping on the bandwagon.

6 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

I had an inch on my hood this morning.  I live NE of Denver.  It's still snowing here at my office downtown.  The wife wants to move west.  She wants more trees.  It's beautiful, but more snow is keeping me from jumping on the bandwagon.

Tell her there are Trees to the East also :thumbs:

Palm Trees down in Florida :cheers:

• Haha 1

She's from upstate NY, so she knows trees.  Unfortunately, we are both very entrenched in our jobs here in Denver.  So even if we move, it will still be in commuting distance to downtown.

Otherwise, I'd be pushing for somewhere in Texas, maybe the Austin area or the hill country?  Maybe when we retire.

• Like 1

Agreed about California.  Way too many people.  Plus, they don't call it the land of the fruits and nuts for no reason.  That's definitely not for me.

Truth. Get me out of here.

Pretty there indeed. Two of my six live there so I get to visit from time to time but I really miss waking up in those mountains. Saw in the news the other day they want pass a bill to make mushrooms legal? :rolleyes:  

Don't know about mushrooms.

We love our house.

Been here almost 3 years.

Wife's a native.

I've been here 34 years.

?

• Like 1