Winter Returned

diyer2

14 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Kind of sounds like the weather we get in Washington (west side of the Cascades), without really bad storms.

Eastern Washington has more traditional seasons, hot hot summers, and a lot of snow in the winter, on the good side WW, we see a little bit of everything, usually in excess. If it snows, we will see a couple of feet, but it will be in a 2 - 5 day time frame, then gone for the year. Just shuts down the whole region, and you really never know what month during winter or early spring it will hit.

Indeed, my Mom lives in Longmont, CO. East side of the Rockies - they call it the "Front Range."
Interesting weather, there, as well. Hot Summers, cold, cold Winters and, when it snows, it's either a dusting or a few feet.

Edited by MikeBMW

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

45 this morning. Heat came on. Thermostat at 67 deg. I found turning leaves last week on an ATV ride at elevations higher than our home.

Our average high will drop 8 degrees this month to 92. A few weeks away from my favorite 6 months when I come out of hibernation.

• 3 weeks later...

There is one thing about winter I do like. Around here the tourists, looky loo's, and nosey people are gone. We live off a road that is a dead end with our cul-de-sac branching off it. So there is no way out, you must back track. It is posted, No outlet, private property. They are county roads. 

In winter the vehicles the come down are cul-de-sac are the propane truck, delivery trucks and the water company trucks.

3 hours ago, diyer2 said:

There is one thing about winter I do like. Around here the tourists, looky loo's, and nosey people are gone.

Privacy is the reason people live in places like this. You could live on the moon and someone would not respect that wish. I am sorry that happens to you sir. 

It has gotten cool enough for enough days to get the maples to start turning and stunt the ripening rates of both my tomatoes and squash to about double. Spiders are loving it. Nest everywhere you look. Time for beddy-bye.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Privacy is the reason people live in places like this. You could live on the moon and someone would not respect that wish. I am sorry that happens to you sir. 

It has gotten cool enough for enough days to get the maples to start turning and stunt the ripening rates of both my tomatoes and squash to about double. Spiders are loving it. Nest everywhere you look. Time for beddy-bye.

I hate spiders.... One has been making a web connecting my garage to my truck every morning, i got to say the spider is one dedicated mother trucker!!!😆

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...