Winter Returned

diyer2

Well spring took a hiatus. 34 degrees this morning, 1 inch of snow and fog. The last few mornings have been in the 30's. The moisture is nice.

• Like 2

We just missed 90F and the humidity was off the hook for the first time this year. Storms in waves. Mowing every two to three days. Rabbits loving my garden.   :

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

We just missed 90F and the humidity was off the hook for the first time this year. Storms in waves. Mowing every tow to three days. Rabbits loving my garden.   :

Oh how I miss Indiana and Illinois.....NOT. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Mild drought in my neck of the woods. With the abundance of 100 degree days. Close to normal here. The trade off is 6 months of pleasant weather. Watering consists of flowers, small trees about twice a week. The grass just quits growing but comes back with rain. If I see a patch thinning I water just enough. I get a chuckle out of people who spend a fortune watering. Of course living in some areas they’ll fine you for browning grass. Love those HOAs. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

We have been getting rain regularly. 👍

We too. Talked to my insurance company yesterday in COS and they haven't gotten a drop of the monsoonal rains we have for almost 2 weeks. Washed away our roads one afternoon. Raging rivers from spring flows off the mountains around me. 

We were getting rain every day for three weeks straight to an average of 3 to 4 inches by weeks end.  But have not gotten much in the past two weeks.  Storms all around us but seem to fizzle out by the time they get over our house.  This house we bought has a sprinkler system that has it's own well.  From what I was told it is only 40 feet down.  Water table here is high.  So the cost is to run the pump three days a week for about an hour.  I adjusted all the sprinkler heads to stay off things but the wind moves some and now my one area of white lattice is brown from the iron in the water.  Going to try some of the iron remover that you use on vehicles to see if that will take it off.  I did use Iron out but you have to work that in with a sponge.  I'm more on the lazy side and if I can just spray and it comes off, it's a better option to me. :)

• Like 1

Storm last knight, 45 degrees this morning. I usually sleep with a bedroom window open a little, got up and closed it last night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Storm last knight, 45 degrees this morning. I usually sleep with a bedroom window open a little, got up and closed it last night. 

Rocky Mountain AC is really low cost and effective....☃️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rain on and off yesterday and last night. 46 degrees this morning and the heat came on. I have a temperature sensor in the garage, it was 45. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

Rain on and off yesterday and last night. 46 degrees this morning and the heat came on. I have a temperature sensor in the garage, it was 45. 

More rain than anyone has seen since 2018. That was the year of the Spring fire that wiped this area into a smudge.  The sideways rain at 50 MPH has found leaks in my metal roof that are exasperating. Even doors are leaking.....part of the fun of living in the mountains at 9000'.   The residence time of water on a roof more important than anything else because no roof is waterproof in a microburst or the 112 MPH winds we suffered last year. Getting anyone to come up here to help me is tough. Roofers and contractors say they will be here then never show when they see where.....LOL  

There’s a cool front predicted to come through tomorrow bringing much needed rain. And a drop in temps. All the way down to 90. A welcome relief, even ifs for a couple of days. Today it supposed to reach 104.