Winter Returned

diyer2

We had a high of 34 yesterday.  Light snow on and off all day, 1 -2 inches maybe as it melted some. Our view west of what we call the Red Rocks has been obscured since Friday. Got a glimpse yesterday, see pic.

Fogged in now, visibility about 500 feet and 30 degrees with a high in the 40's. 

Not complaining, moisture is great. 

I guess we have gotten over 2 feet of snow since Friday night. We are snow bound due to the county hasn't plowed our road. The snow was so deep when I plowed with the ATV I couldn't push it across the road so it is piled up at the end of the driveway. I kept getting stuck if I tried to push the snow across the road to keep the end of the driveway clear so we are waiting on the county to plow the road and remove the snow piled up at the end of the driveway. 

Fun times in the rural mountains.

20220522_124408_HDR.jpg

20220522_123729_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here in Texas we had a front move through. Got much needed rain about 3 inches. The morning low was all the down to 69 with the high only in the mid 80s. A jacket was briefly needed. 😎

I lived in California for 7 years. At first not dealing with winter was nice. Then it got boring to me. Yes, sometimes it's a hassle but we love it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I lived in California for 7 years. At first not dealing with winter was nice. Then it got boring to me. Yes, sometimes it's a hassle but we love it. 

If my wife wasn’t so anti cold I’d be your neighbor. From June until October it’s not boring with eyes towards the gulf. At least October until mid May you couldn’t ask for better weather. Unless snow is a must.

We had light rain yesterday, snow yesterday evening and they plowed our road after an email to the county. Woke up to another 7 inches of snow and it's 29 degrees. More plowing and shoveling, not complaining. 

Edit

Light snow falling and fogged in, no view of Red Rocks.

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 1

No winter here, 70's at night 80's day for now, going to get hotter.  We are in a moderate drought.  Lucky I have a shallow well just for the sprinklers.  We got this house three years ago and a sprinkler system is nice.  Just that I had to go back over a bunch of the sprinkler heads, take them out, clean out all the iron that built up and put them back in.  Not to bad of a job.

• Like 1

We had another cold front ( their words) with much needed rain. 58 this morning. Heat wave coming later in the week. I can’t water the lawn during lack of rain. Being surrounded by woods it brings out moles and armadillos tearing up the lawn. The grass bounces back quickly anyway it’s pretty hardy .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

We had another cold front ( their words) with much needed rain. 58 this morning. Heat wave coming later in the week. I can’t water the lawn during lack of rain. Being surrounded by woods it brings out moles and armadillos tearing up the lawn. The grass bounces back quickly anyway it’s pretty hardy .

We have moles.  Hard to get rid of those little things.  It is also illegal to kill them, which makes no sense. They are everywhere, such an invasive little devil. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

We have moles.  Hard to get rid of those little things.  It is also illegal to kill them, which makes no sense. They are everywhere, such an invasive little devil. 

We have large aggressive voles up here and they are our natural drainage and venting off of water into this arid ground.  Moles in that Cape Fear River drainage are probably making it naturally more flood resistant. 

40 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Only illegal to kill them if you get caught 😉

• Like 1