Winter Returned

diyer2

The neighbors visited recently. Wildlife has been visiting lately with the dropping temps. I got this bear, a bob cat, fox, racoons, and deer on the trail cam. The wild turkeys have started showing up everyday. 21 turkeys yesterday.

24 degrees this morning and 2 inches of snow.

BearStanding.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got some moisture, 6 inches and 9 degrees this morning. 

My brother and sister in-laws home in  Boulder survived the fire by a miracle. Their house has a minor burn area on it and vehicle tracks on their property that are probably the fire crews who put out the corner of the house. A neighbors house also survived while surrounding houses burned to the ground. I think the key to their survival is big lots and no other houses close to these two homes. Also the location and terrain helped the high wind situation. 

• Like 2

Weather service is showing we had 6" of snow this last blow at my location and I'm wondering how they measured that. I can see grass poking through the thin blanket. 2" is more like it. :dunno:

2 F here today and still as a graveyard. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 7:25 AM, diyer2 said:

Finally got some moisture, 6 inches and 9 degrees this morning. 

My brother and sister in-laws home in  Boulder survived the fire by a miracle. Their house has a minor burn area on it and vehicle tracks on their property that are probably the fire crews who put out the corner of the house. A neighbors house also survived while surrounding houses burned to the ground. I think the key to their survival is big lots and no other houses close to these two homes. Also the location and terrain helped the high wind situation. 

Down here in South Central CO we are about to blow away and burn up too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 inches and 15 degrees this morning. Really concerned about the lack of moisture due to fires. We have had 13 inches so far this winter and according to my records last year at this time we had 51 inches.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

4 inches and 15 degrees this morning. Really concerned about the lack of moisture due to fires. We have had 13 inches so far this winter and according to my records last year at this time we had 51 inches.  

Your snow is in South Carolina 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

we feel your pain in Sangre DeCristos