Winter Returned

diyer2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What a pretty view you have. 

My daughter lives in Arvada. I texted her Tuesday as I heard snow after a day at 95 F. She said no, then a few minutes later a short video of snow falling on the  pool. Just that quick. Love the Rockies.  

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Storms Rain Hail yesterday.

38 degrees this morning.

High of 42 today.

Boiler ran last night.

Got to love mountain living!

Be happy. The rest of the USA is boiling like a lobster OR drowning like rats OR "This IS Kansas Dorothy and your little dog too".  :) We went most of two months without a drop of rain until the grass turned to dirt and the dirt to cement then it dumped 2-1/2" in a hour and drown all the ground squirrels. Finally a steady three day soaker, which brought life to the dirt and grass as well then......tornados. Devil is an angry boy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have been getting rain almost everyday. Not complaining. Great for fire control that is a concern when dry.

Big storm yesterday afternoon. Hard rain, hail and lighting. 

45 degrees this morning. 

Some erosion repair needed.

54 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Our view to the west. 

DSC01284.JPG

Utopia. I could live in an area like that. Grandkids and a wife that is cold adverse, keeps me in the oven called Texas. At least October through June is bearable. Lucky dude.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Utopia. I could live in an area like that. Grandkids and a wife that is cold adverse, keeps me in the oven called Texas. At least October through June is bearable. Lucky dude.

For several years my job limited my visits to my Houston area family to July and August.  I agree it is much better visiting at other times of the year!  Currently where I live, being surrounded by trees isn't enviable. We currently have 300+ forest fires in the province and it's early in the season!   

24 minutes ago, Donstar said:

For several years my job limited my visits to my Houston area family to July and August.  I agree it is much better visiting at other times of the year!  Currently where I live, being surrounded by trees isn't enviable. We currently have 300+ forest fires in the province and it's early in the season!   

Good luck to you. Part of my past involved working with the national forest service. They maintain with logging burning and cleaning out dead under brush. Some of our work involved endangered species. All that has lowered the threat of forest fires. I live close to some of the nicest forest around. Some of those practices could help out my neighbors to the west. Raging fires every year. Canada has some of the prettiest forest there is.

• Like 1