Adjustable temp inputs

Why doesn’t Chevy make the temp when heated/vented seats, heat, A/C etc user adjustable? It sure would be nice to tell my truck to turn on the vented seats when the temp hits 70. I know it’s all supposed to turn on when you remote start based on temp, I just think it would be nice for it to be user adjustable. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could care less. When it’s cold out the seats warm up and when it’s hot out the seats cool. That’s enough for me

They are “supposed” to do this but in my truck I can NEVER tell a difference. When I get in after warming up when it’s cold, the seats are cold. When getting in after it’s hot out, the seats are hot. After starting the truck with the key, everything warms up or cools off as it should.

Dealer says there’s nothing wrong with my seats.

22 minutes ago, catpartsman said:

They are “supposed” to do this but in my truck I can NEVER tell a difference. When I get in after warming up when it’s cold, the seats are cold. When getting in after it’s hot out, the seats are hot. After starting the truck with the key, everything warms up or cools off as it should.

Dealer says there’s nothing wrong with my seats.

I think you're expecting to much.  Maybe I misspoke concerning remote start and cooled seats.  The cooling effect of the seats is merely a fan blowing cool (not cold) air on to your ass and back. Its not designed to cool the actual seat.  Blowing cool air on leather in an enclosed space with internal temps well above 100* (using a hot TX day as an example) isn't going to make the seat cool to the touch. 

Now with the heated seats its the opposite.  On cold days (again in TX) when its in the 20-30* if I remote start and let it run for 5-10 minutes then go out and touch the seat, it is warm to the touch.  At least mine is.  If yours isn't then something may be wrong. 

The point of all this is to get a jump start on your comfort for when you start driving.  Would you like to jump in a cold truck push the seat warmer button and wait 5 minutes to get comfortable or remote start it jump in and cut that time down to say a minute? 

Like I said, I know mine are working but I think some folks are expecting them to work better than theyre supposed to

I know on my 08 suburban when I would remote start and it was cold enough to turn the seats on, the lights on the heated seat button would light up. I haven’t seen that on any of the newer ones.

The vented seats makes sense, but with the heat, I don’t really feel anything when I think they should be on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercracing said:

The vented seats makes sense, but with the heat, I don’t really feel anything when I think they should be on.

The heating elements are beneath the seat cover and padding. They can be working fine, but you still feel the cold surface of the seat when you put your hand on it. Not until your arse compresses the seat padding for a few seconds do you actually feel the heat. The heated seat lights do not illuminate when remote starting, even when they are working properly. The lights only go on if the key is in the ignition.

I think you're expecting to much.  Maybe I misspoke concerning remote start and cooled seats.  The cooling effect of the seats is merely a fan blowing cool (not cold) air on to your ass and back. Its not designed to cool the actual seat.  Blowing cool air on leather in an enclosed space with internal temps well above 100* (using a hot TX day as an example) isn't going to make the seat cool to the touch. 

Now with the heated seats its the opposite.  On cold days (again in TX) when its in the 20-30* if I remote start and let it run for 5-10 minutes then go out and touch the seat, it is warm to the touch.  At least mine is.  If yours isn't then something may be wrong. 

The point of all this is to get a jump start on your comfort for when you start driving.  Would you like to jump in a cold truck push the seat warmer button and wait 5 minutes to get comfortable or remote start it jump in and cut that time down to say a minute? 

Like I said, I know mine are working but I think some folks are expecting them to work better than theyre supposed to

I don’t expect them to be cold at all but at least be cool to some degree. The cooled seats is something I could take or leave honestly.

As for my heated seats, that’s a different story. When I remote start my truck when it’s cold out 20-30 degrees and it runs for 5-10 minutes before I get in, and after I hit the seat warmer button upon entry it still takes no less than 10-15 minutes before I start feeling any warmth. This is where my bitch comes into play than the cooled seats. My dealer has claimed they replaced the heating elements in both front seats but there is zero difference. My heated seats can be on ALL day and never get hot to where I need to turn them down. It’s like they are on the lowest setting all the time.

1 hour ago, catpartsman said:

As for my heated seats, that’s a different story. When I remote start my truck when it’s cold out 20-30 degrees and it runs for 5-10 minutes before I get in, and after I hit the seat warmer button upon entry it still takes no less than 10-15 minutes before I start feeling any warmth. 

That shouldn't be happening if they are working properly. Are you sure you have them programmed to turn on during remote starts? I think there is a setting you have to select in the infotainment screen to do that.

3 hours ago, catpartsman said:

I don’t expect them to be cold at all but at least be cool to some degree. The cooled seats is something I could take or leave honestly.

As for my heated seats, that’s a different story. When I remote start my truck when it’s cold out 20-30 degrees and it runs for 5-10 minutes before I get in, and after I hit the seat warmer button upon entry it still takes no less than 10-15 minutes before I start feeling any warmth. This is where my bitch comes into play than the cooled seats. My dealer has claimed they replaced the heating elements in both front seats but there is zero difference. My heated seats can be on ALL day and never get hot to where I need to turn them down. It’s like they are on the lowest setting all the time.

Something has to be wrong then.  After 5 minutes on high with mine I have to turn them to low or off completely.  Mine get very warm 

I kept telling my dealer the same thing, there has to be something wrong. They always say they are within the normal operating temperature range according to GM. I haven’t gotten a second dealers opinion yet and that’s my fault. I always took my dealers word for it because they’ve been pretty good to me. However I recently had a buddy who about got SCREWED by this dealer, so I believe it’s time to start looking around for second opinions. Especially since I have the extended warranty out to 120,000 b-b.