Blinding Chrome Dash Trim

If I drive north in the afternoon, the sun reflecting off the chrome air vent trim just about kills me.  

Anyone have a solution for this?  Maybe take it off and plasti-dip it?

IMG_20190516_153345.jpg

16 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

How hard is it to remove the chrome trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering this. If it just clips off, I can do like a grey or silver plastidip. 

Feels like a lot of effort trying to have a piece of vinyl or wrap custom cut. I was thinking maybe put electrical tape over the bottom, and use an exacto to trim it to fit. Would look slightly janky though on my brand new $50k truck. 

It is very easy to remove it and do what you want. There is a video by Chevydude on YouTube that shows how to install the autostop eliminator. In the video it shows you how you have to remove the trim. I can’t find it anymore, he might of pulled it. But you need to use scratch free tools(plastic). It’s all one piece, start on the drivers bottom of it and slowly pull straight back towards the seats. After one section pops then keep working all around. It you can wait a few more days, I can post a simple video on how to do it?  Just let me know. 

I can’t remember what it’s called but when I worked in the video production field, there was this anti glare spray you could spray on and it would take the glare out of anything. We used it for stopping production light glare for the cameras. Worked really good and you didn’t even know it was there. It was something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K01310-11-Ounce-Dulling-Spray/dp/B00009R8O6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?adgrpid=56417704739&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlO_f2a2l4gIVT57ACh1BbwY0EAAYASAAEgInAPD_BwE&hvadid=274872558707&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9031165&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12389192345854512434&hvtargid=kwd-309029481290&hydadcr=12189_10197804&keywords=anti+glare+spray&qid=1558192128&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, wizard4878 said:

OK, so I'm going to ask what I'm sure is a silly question, but have you guys tinted your front door windows?  I'm only asking because I have and I am not experiencing the glare problems

Yes. But the sun is actually coming through the windshield and reflecting. It's the weirdest thing, it's like they figured out the perfect angle of chrome to pick it up.

5 hours ago, scdaren said:

Yes. But the sun is actually coming through the windshield and reflecting. It's the weirdest thing, it's like they figured out the perfect angle of chrome to pick it up.

Same. 20% 3m sable tint. Looks the same as the rear but a slightly different hue in the see through color. Hope this helps. Light will still come though the windshield and hit the trim. 

Edited by BlancoSilverado

On 5/18/2019 at 12:50 AM, BlancoSilverado said:

It is very easy to remove it and do what you want. There is a video by Chevydude on YouTube that shows how to install the autostop eliminator. In the video it shows you how you have to remove the trim. I can’t find it anymore, he might of pulled it. But you need to use scratch free tools(plastic). It’s all one piece, start on the drivers bottom of it and slowly pull straight back towards the seats. After one section pops then keep working all around. It you can wait a few more days, I can post a simple video on how to do it?  Just let me know. 

If you are still looking for a video, we have one here. It shows how to install the Autostop Eliminator, but it should show the removal of the trim you mentioned.

• Thanks 1