AT4 First Impressions

33 minutes ago, JR09country said:

If my trail boss has a telescopic steering wheel your at4 should as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Maybe I haven't figured it out.  How? Thanks.

The AT4 definitely has a telescoping steering wheel

In terms of KO2 vs Ridge Grappler - all else equal it would be a toss up in my opinion. The KO2s weren’t available in the size I wanted so the decision to get the Ridge Grapplers was easy. I can’t compare the ride between the 2 - the KO2s were on 20” wheels with an aftermarket level and the Ridge Grapplers are on 18 wheels with a factory lift

the KO2s do run a little small so the width looks a little wider on the Ridge grapplers even though they were both 285 width

edited to add - on my old truck the 285/65/20 KO2s were noticeably better riding than the 285/60/20 Duratracs they replaced. I loved the look of the Duratracs but they rode harsh and made a lot of noise after about 30k miles. I replaced them at 57k miles and they still had tread left. The KO2s were at 30k+ miles when I traded the truck and weren’t even noticeably worn

Edited by ShortMag
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ShortMag said:

The AT4 definitely has a telescoping steering wheel

In terms of KO2 vs Ridge Grappler - all else equal it would be a toss up in my opinion. The KO2s weren’t available in the size I wanted so the decision to get the Ridge Grapplers was easy. I can’t compare the ride between the 2 - the KO2s were on 20” wheels with an aftermarket level and the Ridge Grapplers are on 18 wheels with a factory lift

the KO2s do run a little small so the width looks a little wider on the Ridge grapplers even though they were both 285 width

edited to add - on my old truck the 285/65/20 KO2s were noticeably better riding than the 285/60/20 Duratracs they replaced. I loved the look of the Duratracs but they rode harsh and made a lot of noise after about 30k miles. I replaced them at 57k miles and they still had tread left. The KO2s were at 30k+ miles when I traded the truck and weren’t even noticeably worn

Can you post a picture of your truck?  I'd love the see the RG.

OP, not trying to get into your deal, but can you post the MSRP?  I have not built one on line because I just figured they were way over my in my head limit of $55-57,000 MSRP.

Edited by Stex

As spec’d on GMC website it was $64k on the nose

i paid $31.5k out the door and that included $26.5k for my trade. 

I felt like a got an ok deal not a great one. The truck would have sold within a day or two off the dealers lot

if you go 5.3 instead of 6.2 and trim some options you’ll be in your range. Of course the tires and tool box were an incremental $2,000

On 2019-05-21 at 5:29 PM, FDHog said:

You can always use Waze or Google Maps for traffic. The lack of adjustable pedals and the steering wheel adjustment does suck.

I traded my 8 month old 2018 F150 Lariat for my 6.2 AT4. Ford really dropped the ball on the new 5.0L.  and their 10spd.

I've owned a lot of Ford trucks and this one was the worst. So far I'm lovin this truck. The CAI and catback is just loud enough. Thought the tailgate was a gimmick until I used it. Great feature.

Yes sir.  I hear ya on that one.  We’ve had a 5.0 Ford xlt extra cab 8’ box and that transmission drives me nuts.  Also used a lot of oil first month of driving.  Spent a month at dealership and was told it’s normal.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, BringTheRain403 said:

Great breakdown of pros and cons. Here are my thoughts...

Additional Pros:

Cup holders for rear seat on back of center console

+3" of rear legroom vs k2xx

Full rear bench without cutout in center seat vs k2xx

Heated steering wheel turns on with remote start

Additional Cons

Larger exterior dimensions vs k2xx

No adaptive cruise (Available in 2020)