Sierra/Silverado Heads Up Display

I finally have the HUD working in my 2017 Silverado.

This install would not have been possible without the help from VIKTORROCKS15 and  pgamboa. 

The install is not 100% complete.

The HUD is working.

The things left to complete 

Have the instrument hood covered in brown leather. 

Wire the collision alert lights in the dashboard 

(That is separate from the HUD)

HUD windshield installation 

I was told the Tahoe windshield  with the HUD and lane departure will work in my truck

I am still waiting on the instrument hood fabricator to finish his mold.

I will also contact a few other fiberglass guys in my area. To see if they are interested in building the instrument hoods.

pictures will be posted later tonight 

i am waiting for it to get dark.

090282D8-EBEA-428E-8892-AD54F8C22449.jpeg

• Like 4

The small cut in the instrument hood is the collision avoidance warning lights. The wires will need to be extended to reach the new location. The seat vibration still works. The only thing not working is the red light bar. After I lengthen the two wires going to the connector it should be in working order. I will update you later. If anyone want more pictures or video of the process?

[email protected]

i will send what I can to help move your project along. Two great guys on this site helped me. Now it is time for me to do the same.

image.jpg

• Like 2

I am sending the instrument hood out tomorrow to be covered in brown leather to match the interior.

I would like to find someone that can 3D print the instrument hoods. The few people I spoke to about 3D printing said the instrument hood is too large to be printed in one piece.

I will have the HUD unit out the dashboard this weekend. I will take as many pictures as I can.

The HUD unit has a little bit of vibration when I roll over a pot hole or bump. I think a little support from under the unit will help with the vibration.

if anyone has any specific pictures they want me to take? Let me know and I will try to do what I can.

As for a how to or step by step tutorial.

I will shoot as many pictures as possible with measurements off of landmarks in the dashboard 

I strongly suggest getting the following item before starting 

1)instrument cluster from white auto and media

2) wire harness from pgamboa 

(A member on this site)

3) dashboard switch and trim 

4) heads up display unit

5) instrument hood ( I am working on finding someone to make them for us)