Couple things I noticed with my new 6.2 AT4

Truck is governed at 38 km/h in reverse (yes, I do lots of higher speed reverse driving on my rural back roads) and the location of the block heater plug is absolutely ridiculous IMO.  It is by the driver side fog light behind decorative plastic grate that you have to remove....best do that when its warm!

I wish the truck had a little throatier sound to it.  When my wife's Durango R/T was switched into sport mode, it changed the exhaust tune as well as shift pattern etc  Once you switch into sport mode, you cant switch back as if you do, it goes into towing mode.

The truck rides nice off road.  Pleased with that.  I put the 20" duratracs on and am fine with them for now.  Decent on the highways, slight shutter and shake on the highway with the seams in the pavement.

All in all, pleased with this truck.  Its a nice compromise between my 2016 denali and my 2017 Sivlerado LTZ 2500.

Just my two cents.

Truck is governed at 38 km/h in reverse (yes, I do lots of higher speed reverse driving on my rural back roads) and the location of the block heater plug is absolutely ridiculous IMO.  It is by the driver side fog light behind decorative plastic grate that you have to remove....best do that when its warm!
I wish the truck had a little throatier sound to it.  When my wife's Durango R/T was switched into sport mode, it changed the exhaust tune as well as shift pattern etc  Once you switch into sport mode, you cant switch back as if you do, it goes into towing mode.

The truck rides nice off road.  Pleased with that.  I put the 20" duratracs on and am fine with them for now.  Decent on the highways, slight shutter and shake on the highway with the seams in the pavement.
All in all, pleased with this truck.  Its a nice compromise between my 2016 denali and my 2017 Sivlerado LTZ 2500.

Just my two cents.

Get the performance exhaust.

The rotary dial if you keep turning it will cycle through all driving modes Tour, Sport, Off-road, and Tow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

My 2013 is limited at 40 in reverse.  It is also a quite high RPM at that point.  I think higher speed would be quite controllable, but the biggest problem is doing 40 in reverse on a 85 degree day.  The radiator is useless without forward movement of the truck to push air through it.  The fan gets pretty crazy after a reverse jaunt.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, MrBullz said:

I too learned that over the weekend.  Kinda a waste. 

The speed governor is based on your factory tire speed rating. Some trucks have a higher limited speed based on the options they have.

For the Ford F-150, they set the speed limiter based on what tires you have. I don't know about Chevrolet but the top speed also varies.

As for exhaust sound, you should have bought the Ford. They have speakers fooling the driver into thinking it's a V8, not the Ecoboost. Sounds really robust and throaty coming from the speakers, you'd be fooled too.

7 hours ago, Wiggums said:

For the Ford F-150, they set the speed limiter based on what tires you have. I don't know about Chevrolet but the top speed also varies.

As for exhaust sound, you should have bought the Ford. They have speakers fooling the driver into thinking it's a V8, not the Ecoboost. Sounds really robust and throaty coming from the speakers, you'd be fooled too.

Yeah, really Cheesy. Too bad my real V8 burned oil. The Catback on my 6.2 sounds great.

7 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Wrong. It's based on the driveshaft.

Not saying the driveshaft has no influence but how do you explain two identical trucks having two different governed speeds when the one and only difference is the tires? Example 2 ccsb at4 6.2 trucks. 1 with 18 inch duratrac and the other with 20 inch goodyear. From what i have seen the first will stop at 98ish and the second will go well beyond 100. Mine is the second. Have hit 108 and no limiter yet. 

• Like 1