Black Chrome Powdercoat Wheels

Finally getting around to having my wheels and side rails powdercoated, looking at color swatches online and am running by the shop this weekend to drop parts off.  I'm torn between doing the standard matte black or slightly more gray finish on the wheels, or going with a black chrome finish.  I haven't seen black chrome wheels on these boards, did a quick search but didn't find anything. 

I can't tell if it will make the wheels too blingy or not, I'm not into regular chrome and am in the process of removing all of it which is why I'm powdercoating.  But could look really unique if it's not crazy reflective and obnoxious.  

Anyone done the black chrome finish on wheels or anything else and have a pic to share?   

IMG_0260.jpg

I don't know about powder coat in black chrome but I found a place that can apply it via paint and from what I have seen it looks awesome.  Taylor's Colors in TN does it.  Looking at having my exhaust tips done in black chrome. 

Black chrome looks great.....until it gets scratched.

We got a new brush truck a few years back with black chrome wheels....they look great!! But on a brush truck they will get scratched...and they have. Scratches stand out although not as bad as a full black wheel.

Good point on the brush truck.  This is a city truck, so not too worried about scratching. Have any pics before and/or current?

I’ve been looking around and have settled on either ultra black chrome or black chrome III from prismatic powders.  Ultra is a little flashier, but cool effect.  Black chrome III would look more tame I think. 

8CA0AAD2-CCCC-4722-802B-89152563B08F.jpeg

3F015F9D-67AE-4618-89AB-E361272C1BDF.jpeg

Thanks for the link and video.  Cool to see how they do it, I like this color maybe a little darker even

That looks amazing! I’m looking for black chrome and am in NorCal.

RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro