Maintenance for 70k truck

1 minute ago, aseibel said:

There is a page in your owner's manual for exactly this reason:

Page 11-5 Service and Maintenance.pdf

FYI: The link is not working.

But yes to all above, change all the fluids that you can; trans, diff/diffs, brake, coolant. am i missing any?

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

I would at least change out the transmission filter and fluid along with the transfer case and differentials.

Have you changed the cabin filter?  

No sir i havent i was going to the other day but been caught up in so many things but kn my to do list

Do nothing, trade it in after another 70k.  Dead serious.  You'll be fine.
Maybe trade my 16 in also.

Ram is looking nice.
Tundra haven't growed on me yet.
But very reliable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I appreciate it guys i just need to youtube on how to videos for some of them lol

Here is the rear dif video. I watched all of his fluid changing videos yesterday and will be changing all my fluids next week. These videos are incredibly helpful if you can get past his use of pints instead of quarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to removing the rear cover of the diff to change the fluid, you may wish to examine the bottom of the diff to see if it's got a drain plug.  I removed the rear cover of my diff, only to find that it had a drain plug that I could have used...

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:55 PM, BlancoSilverado said:

FYI: The link is not working.

But yes to all above, change all the fluids that you can; trans, diff/diffs, brake, coolant. am i missing any?

image.thumb.png.097a3e66f095d06feabe631da16d5cba.png

1 hour ago, davester said:

Prior to removing the rear cover of the diff to change the fluid, you may wish to examine the bottom of the diff to see if it's got a drain plug.  I removed the rear cover of my diff, only to find that it had a drain plug that I could have used...

It is my understanding that the 1500's stopped rear diff drain plugs after 2002.  Mine has one since it is a 2002.  But they no longer have any on the 1500's.  Why they stopped?  Probably to save that .01 cent.

• Like 1