Help - Fog lights on custom

Dealership spent about 3 hours and could not figure out how to get the LED fog light kit to work. I have double checked all the wires except for in the fuse box.

They did program the BCM as the dash lights up with a fog light icon now. I can only conclude that they installed the BCM wire and fog light wire incorrectly into the fuse box.

Has anyone completed this installation that could provide photos to verify the location? They are wanting to keep my truck overnight and give me a loaner for fog lights :dunno:

Thank you. 

I've got everything done on mine but connecting the wires to the 2 fuse boxes. The instructions are confusing to me and not very clear.

I guess I'll have the dealer connect the wires when they program it.

I spoke with the shopchevyparts where I purchased the kit. They told me that many dealers are making the mistake of programing the BCM the old way instead of calling a specific number and giving them the VIN and code included in the kit. Hoping that was is the issue. I will be going back next week.  Hope you have better luck. 

Edited by TBHiker
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TBHiker said:

I spoke with the shopchevyparts where I purchased the kit. They told me that many dealers are making the mistake of programing the BCM the old way instead of calling a specific number and giving them the VIN and code included in the kit. Hoping that was is the issue. I will be going back next Wed.  Hope you have better luck. 

I had a similar experience when trying to get the bed cargo lights activated on my truck.  Local dealer asked me for the activation code and there was none in the box.  TCSC (internal GM department providing the updated BCM code) won't activate the lights without it.  Ended up returning the kit and ordering another one from a different dealer on Ebay (both were about $30 cheaper than my local dealer including shipping). 

This one also came without an activation code.  This time the selling dealer told me that TCSC will supply the code.  I called TCSC myself to confirm (Ebay dealer gave me the phone number).  Apparently there were 265 kits produced without codes in the box and they are supposed to honor it without the code.  Just my luck I ended up with 2 out of 265.

Good luck.

I installed my own then had them flashed w the authorization code. Only problem I have is that the indicator light doesn’t come on w the fogs. I’m assuming it’s bc I did not do the jumper wire from under the dash to the outside fuse box. Anyone else have this problem. Lights work like they’re supposed to. 

On 2019-07-04 at 5:07 PM, 316hepster said:

I installed my own then had them flashed w the authorization code. Only problem I have is that the indicator light doesn’t come on w the fogs. I’m assuming it’s bc I did not do the jumper wire from under the dash to the outside fuse box. Anyone else have this problem. Lights work like they’re supposed to. 

I have the same problem.  During install, it mentions if there is a wire on the bcm connector on circuit 10, then there is no need for the jumper.  I went to the dealer twice now, first time for the initial program and this time for them to verify the programming.  The tech line doesn’t know why the dash icon doesn’t light up.  I’ll be verifying the pre-existing wire on the bcm connector and under the hood for continuity tonight.  

At at least the lights work though.

• Like 1

I noticed a connector in mine. 

The one under the hood had me all kinds of confused. Like do I run the wire up underneath? Plus what I had taken apart, didn't look like the diagram. :(

44 minutes ago, RUSSH said:

I noticed a connector in mine. 

The one under the hood had me all kinds of confused. Like do I run the wire up underneath? Plus what I had taken apart, didn't look like the diagram. :(

In the attached pictures, the small brown connector is what is in the BCM under the dash.  Mine already had a brown/white wire so the instructions said I didn’t need the jumper.  In the other pictures, the green connector is what you open and the wire gets installed from underneath.  I had to remove a wire from B3 position to be able to install the wire from the kit.  I did not have to remove the wire from C3 since that is the brown/white wire already installed.

Also I just tested the pre-installed brown/white wire and I have continuity.  So I do not need the single jumper wire provided in the kit.

21DA6006-9282-4942-9BD1-28E253712530.jpeg

B35DABF4-7570-491F-8B40-A65F280259A3.jpeg

1C2BA2C0-C31F-440E-8E0A-071535C09007.jpeg

Edited by sse1990
  • Like 1

The green base can come up also which will give you more room to separate it and have more room to work. I think there are 2 tabs holding the base down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 316hepster said:

Does the fog light indicator light up when your fogs are on?

Mine doesn’t and the dealer doesn’t know why.  They called the tech line and still no answer.  

My fog fog lights work.  The dash indicator does not.  The tech line figures it wasn’t installed properly.  The jumper (brown/white wire) from the brown BCM connector to the green connector under the hood was already factory installed and I only had to install the one wire that was part of the harness going to the lights and goes to a second location in the green connector.  I’ve tested the brown/white wire for continuity and it is the correct wire and tested good.  Also when you turn the fog lights on, the brown/white wire on the BCM connector sends a negative signal which is what turns the fog lights on.  That tells me it’s installed correctly and it is not programmed correctly.  I may talk to the owner of the dealership and see if I can go program it myself cause it doesn’t look like they know how.

15 minutes ago, sse1990 said:

Mine doesn’t and the dealer doesn’t know why.  They called the tech line and still no answer.  

My fog fog lights work.  The dash indicator does not.  The tech line figures it wasn’t installed properly.  The jumper (brown/white wire) from the brown BCM connector to the green connector under the hood was already factory installed and I only had to install the one wire that was part of the harness going to the lights and goes to a second location in the green connector.  I’ve tested the brown/white wire for continuity and it is the correct wire and tested good.  Also when you turn the fog lights on, the brown/white wire on the BCM connector sends a negative signal which is what turns the fog lights on.  That tells me it’s installed correctly and it is not programmed correctly.  I may talk to the owner of the dealership and see if I can go program it myself cause it doesn’t look like they know how.

Cool. Same situation here. They tried to tell me I didn’t install it right and wanted to charge me after they did the flash to further diagnose the problem. At first they told me that’s the way it’s supposed to function. I was like “No...”. ?

When I had mine installed at first the light on the cluster didn’t turn on and then after they flashed the bcm the light worked every time the fog lights where turned on