18’ didn’t have a door tag for any weights at all. The 1,250 is per the manual. If I recall correctly the 19 manual lists it at 1,250 as well... I’m curious what math goes into the downgrade for the rating. It’s odd as I’ve seen 19s with 1200+ door stickers for hitch. It’s not a payload issue as the 19s have plenty of rear axle, tire, and total payload to support a rating of 1,250...

Edited by cr250Silverado

Im guessing its a max 1250, but each truck, depending on equipment would be different, so you'd go by the new door sticker. Perhaps a single cab, long bed 2wd would have the full 1250. Just like payload, each truck is different. The 18 is probably no different, you just don't have a sticker to show it  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, cr250Silverado said:

Yeah I understand each truck has its own ratings for many things, but I don’t understand what lowers hitch rating when there is enough payload, rear axle weight, and tire rating to support the full 1,250.

Overall GVWR of a vehicle depending on what options are installed, lowers the end number for tongue weight rating. The GVWR for the overall frame of the truck assembly does not change. Even an 18 was only able to handle that much weight "SAFELY" only and if properly equipped. The new trucks just have a label to keep people in the safe zone of your truck and how its equipped. I kind of appreciate the idea since there are people out there that overload there half ton trucks and decide to drive on the freeway...…. If you want the max tongue weight available you'll have to look at the max towing package, but with that you'll be closed off to certain options. Also, remember that even your assumed payload allowance changes with how many passengers you have in the truck depending highly on how much they weigh. In the end with a family of 5 in a half ton truck pulling a trailer with a tongue weight in the range of the mid 900lbs should be the ideal for that size frame. Tongue weight should also only be 10% of the total trailer weight for safe towing. Good luck!