Removing Rear Block on TB

On 2/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, ahilton02 said:

39’’ in the front and about 40’’ in the rear.

ahilton02 by chance have the link to the 1” blocks you installed ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 11:56 AM, saber said:

I took out the 2" blocks and replaced them with 1" blocks.

The back now sits about 3/4" higher than the front, looks perfect!

Everything still good with your truck? I’m seeing guys posting online about their broken ball joints. Now, they’ve been using the RC level kit but it still worries me because I’ve never lowered the rear. So far so good and all angles look fine. 1,000 miles since I replaced the blocks.

1 hour ago, ahilton02 said:

Everything still good with your truck? I’m seeing guys posting online about their broken ball joints. Now, they’ve been using the RC level kit but it still worries me because I’ve never lowered the rear. So far so good and all angles look fine. 1,000 miles since I replaced the blocks.

I can see if you put the tapered blocks in backwards it would cause excessive stress on the u-joints

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, Porterhouse said:

I was originally gonna lower the rear of my rst after the TB lift was added but I agree it looks great the way it is now....I've decided to leave itbc93b25a8bc7c9d88aa3c1e82a309f1c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Are these 20” wheels?  Are they the original  tires or did you go larger after the lift was installed? I have an RST and am doing the same with the factory TB 2” lift.  Your truck looks great! 

I already did the 1” rear blocks on the trail boss now I read somewhere that you might have issues using the 4x4 anybody heard any of these issues I think it was a lift kit it actually says 4x4 could not be used. I’m wondering if lowering it would mess with that too anybody use the 4x4 after lowering the rear with the 1” blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already did the 1” rear blocks on the trail boss now I read somewhere that you might have issues using the 4x4 anybody heard any of these issues I think it was a lift kit it actually says 4x4 could not be used. I’m wondering if lowering it would mess with that too anybody use the 4x4 after lowering the rear with the 1” blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was planning on using 1.5 inch but I would also like to know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

For those of you that have replaced the 2" block with 1" block on the Custom or LT Trail Boss....  Now that you've had the lower blocks in for a while, everything still good? Have any of you hauled or towed a heavy load with the lower blocks?  Bottom out any easier with the stock rear shocks and bump stocks?  Thanks!