Removing Rear Block on TB

• 5 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:34 PM, JR09country said:

I dont know if the regular trucks have blocks at all. So removing the block could bring it down 2" instead of one, hopefully someone will chime in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Regular trucks do not have a lift block but it does have a shim.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:35 PM, saber said:

Yep, there were plenty of threads and they were not stretched,

Someone is telling me that if I do this, it’ll cause a bind at the rear between the yokes and creaks loudly. You had any problems? This can’t be any worse than putting the 1.5 in front motofab level on would it?

19 hours ago, ahilton02 said:

Someone is telling me that if I do this, it’ll cause a bind at the rear between the yokes and creaks loudly. You had any problems? This can’t be any worse than putting the 1.5 in front motofab level on would it?

The blocks are tapered, if you put them in correctly the driveshaft alignment is fine.

the front end is about 1 1/2- 1 3/4 inches lower than rear.....if you replace block with one half the size you be really close tho still hair of rake, which isn't bad imo…..I rather see bit of rake than the nose high..., 

lots of ways to do it...

I have RST 4x4 and has no block

Edited by Dunn

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ahilton02 said:

Installed the 1 inch blocks today. Stance looks awesome. Only thing I don’t like is the u bolts showing too much thread out the bottom but it’s all good. 

Post some truck pics! I’m thinking about getting the GM lift for my LTZ and using a 1” block too. 

1 hour ago, ahilton02 said:

Installed the 1 inch blocks today. Stance looks awesome. Only thing I don’t like is the u bolts showing too much thread out the bottom but it’s all good. 

I would just cut them with angle grinder and cutoff wheel...

12 minutes ago, ahilton02 said:

Thinking about removing the side steps as well.

F4109113-09C1-497A-9F75-DDC18C402A80.jpeg

That looks great. Nice alternative instead of adding front level to trail boss. What kind of measurements are you getting at the front and rear fenders now? Thanks!

1 minute ago, ausomecasey said:

That looks great. Nice alternative instead of adding front level to trail boss. What kind of measurements are you getting at the front and rear fenders now? Thanks!

39’’ in the front and about 40’’ in the rear.