Ordered 2020 HD

My TPW was 6-24-19. Since then, it’s gone through QC and been bayed at the railyard waiting for a train. Others produced before and since are also bayed. Word is GM is trying to get a supply built up to ship at once. There are a few at dealers already, but not many. I suspect it won’t be long before they start moving.

Keep us posted on your order. ?

13 hours ago, cattledog04 said:

My production date is this week.  How long does production last?  Then how long to ship?  Are there any trucks that have been delivered yet?

What you ordered is important here as well. It seems like lower-trim models, double cabs and long beds are on late deliveries while they get out the "popular" packages and models. So, what exactly did you order? 

Edited by B_SKY33

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to GM this morning and unfortunately although my order was accepted on 7/2/19 ,there is no build date . I was told do not be in a hurry and I could see it by my birthday the end of October .I have been told "patience is a virtue", guess i will have to really take this as true. so I hope my new ride is worth the wait, i'm sure it's the paint 9W4. would like to know if anyone else would take that chance to order a SEO color.

1100 and Dealer Allocation

This causes a lot of issues. When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealer Allocation is simple to understand - GM changed its model for producing vehicles a few years' back. Dealers are now awarded allocation based on past performance, as well as other factors. If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

First, many dealers do not understand the allocation process.

Second, dealers are told at the beginning of every model year the number of units they are expected to order. This is their Guide Number, so called because it is intended to help a dealer "floor plan."

Third, many dealers confuse Guide Number with Allocation.

Fourth, dealers are told every other Thursday how many Allocations (a portion of the Guide Number) they can use over the following two weeks AND this number of orders will be divided over two weeks.

To summarize, say the dealer is given 50 units as a Guide,  that means about 1 unit every weekly ordering process from 2 units awarded in the every other week ordering process. If the dealer sells a dozen Camaros every year, change the 50 to 12 and reduce the bi-weekly consensus to conform. By the way, this awkward system meets laws and demands of court decisions.

When will my car ship?

You have better chances of picking winning lottery numbers than to know for sure when your car will ship. When you combine the QC issues with geographical delivery of cars (at the lowest possible cost so they need to aggregate deliveries - and they don't not use a first in first out methodology), this can be the most frustrating part of the whole SRE journey. There is no transparency to actual data. There is just generic codes and sometimes the whisper from "someone in the know". Your car may ship quickly, it may not. It will likely take longer the more rural you are and the lower the volume of cars your dealer sells.

13 hours ago, orangeagle12 said:

Talked to GM this morning and unfortunately although my order was accepted on 7/2/19 ,there is no build date . I was told do not be in a hurry and I could see it by my birthday the end of October .I have been told "patience is a virtue", guess i will have to really take this as true. so I hope my new ride is worth the wait, i'm sure it's the paint 9W4. would like to know if anyone else would take that chance to order a SEO color.

When you order an SEO colour you have to wait until enough of that colour are ordered for them to justify setting up to paint that colour. They are intended for fleet orders which are likely to be may copies of the same truck.  Forestry, border patrol, construction fleets, etc etc.

The 'regular' retail colours can / will be painted for an order of one.  Typically the videos we see of the production line running every vehicle could be a different colour. (obviously, common colours will appear more often)

Your gonna have to wait til some fleet wants a bunch of Tangier Orange before yours gets built.

hey thanks redwngr,I knew that I would have to wait ,some one told me they needed 50 orders to set up ,then I was told that it does not matter they just do all the SEO colors at the same time .Who knows . but waiting lets all the aftermarket parts come out and fill my garage before my truck gets here. wondering if any one else has ordered an SEO color?

7 hours ago, THE SILVERADO said:

Saw a white LT running down the road this week. These trucks look tough as hell!

I don't think I've seen one yet.  Checked on a dealer's site and it showed a 2500HD with no pics, checked again a week or so later and it wasn't listed anymore.  I'm waiting for the duallys to come out.

Mine has been in production all last week.  Dealer received a vin. too.  I check everyday on the Chevy website for updates and keep getting different answers.  One told me my truck was built and all the others say its in the production department but can't give me anything specific.  Very frustrating.  Anyhow, my dealer had 3 come in.  1 ltz in red, an lt in white and I'm not sure what the 3rd was.  I had to stop by and look, gotta say, in person they are really nice looking.