GM Performace Intake and Exhaust Dynoed

Apparently GM has rated the HP and TQ gains from its air intake and exhaust on the 2019+ T1XX platform

6.2L Stock 420hp 460tq

6.2L CAI + Exhaust 435hp 469tq

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/01/2019-gmc-sierra-1500-at4-performance-pack-off-road-review-video/

That's +15hp and +9tq with CAI and Exhaust bolt-ons.

We can expect similar gains from CAI and exhaust on K2XX trucks?!

Since the 2014 - 2018 (2019 classic) K2XX engines are the same (same hp tq ratings) except for the new DFM instead of AFM. 

4 minutes ago, Ozer said:

$2150 for the setup, not sure id want to spend that for just 15HP. 

Maybe a dyno software tune would get more power for the same money vs bolt ons?

Agreed.  $2000 for 3% more power is ridiculous.

I had stock muffler replaced with maganaflow 12909 $120 (14909 stainless $180). Added a AFE cold air intake I purchased lightly used form a guy trading in his truck $200.

Good to know I gained some HP for not much $$$. I do like the sound of aftermarket intake and exhaust (which is why I did it). 

I believe there is a mild tune that the dealer puts on after you buy the GM package. So that my be where some of the gains are coming from.

Edited by 2018GMC

What you are missing is there is a mild tune with this. And a adaptive relearn. Also I know for a fact it only makes more power in a small part of it's power curve.
That said we can make same and even more the key is and always will be the tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel that I accomplished the same but a few dollars cheaper...

Corsa Exhaust $1000 on sale

AFE Intake $380

HyperTech tuner $300

I did feel a really good difference with all these parts installed. Dealer says warranty is still good also.

I feel that I accomplished the same but a few dollars cheaper...
Corsa Exhaust $1000 on sale
AFE Intake $380
HyperTech tuner $300
I did feel a really good difference with all these parts installed. Dealer says warranty is still good also.
Nice parts. I would only have changed the tuner to HPT then you have unlimited vehicles, scan,log,write plus much more power and control. And the price is close 299 plus credit.

Would GM put on this factory "mild tune" on any 6.2L if you have done your own non-GM bolt ons? That would be cool to have an OEM performance tune with no warranty worries. 
All it is new values for the air flow and a recalibration to the the throttle for this. Nothing worth the time in my option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Nice parts. I would only have changed the tuner to HPT then you have unlimited vehicles, scan,log,write plus much more power and control. And the price is close 299 plus credit.

I know what you mean but at the time the hypertech was a deal and I knew I was going to change out the tuner at some point and I still want to add a procharger so a tune would definitely be needed

• Like 1

Ugh!!!  With the HPT. Just stop already

whats funny is they’re not showing wheel hp numbers. Who cares what it makes at the crank. It’s what it puts down that counts. 

my ctsv makes 690 at the wheel. You don’t see me going around saying it makes close to 800hp because that’s what the motor makes. 

Edited by Jacoby

With regard to “ dealer tune “ in the 6.2 all it does is adjust the Noise cancellation system for the louder sound

you get a activation key number with the exhaust that lets the dealer get the software update from GM. I know as my intake and exhaust came in boxes in bed for dealer install but I did install my self so I could keep the factory stock parts and then had the software update done about 2 weeks after install No perf improvement all about the “noise”

31 minutes ago, CDNSS said:

With regard to “ dealer tune “ in the 6.2 all it does is adjust the Noise cancellation system for the louder sound

you get a activation key number with the exhaust that lets the dealer get the software update from GM. I know as my intake and exhaust came in boxes in bed for dealer install but I did install my self so I could keep the factory stock parts and then had the software update done about 2 weeks after install No perf improvement all about the “noise”

I thought only Denali had active noise cancellation in the K2 trucks? Or did they add it to SLT later on?

Ugh!!!  With the HPT. Just stop already

whats funny is they’re not showing wheel hp numbers. Who cares what it makes at the crank. It’s what it puts down that counts. 

my ctsv makes 690 at the wheel. You don’t see me going around saying it makes close to 800hp because that’s what the motor makes. 
It is good product and unfortunately we are seeing huge amount of issues as of late with other devices and tunes and tuners. With the newer vehicles having "unhackable" software the industry predicts more small devices like pedal commander with become popular. And more issues.
Because they can't show wheel horsepower numbers also there are so many variables that go into a dyno tune. Some dynos show more so less.
But these number still matter in the torque based turning world.
I don't understand what it matters about you cars makes power. Or the Lose of power.
Seems like many angry members as of late.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, L86 All Terrain said:

I thought only Denali had active noise cancellation in the K2 trucks? Or did they add it to SLT later on?

ANC is part of upgraded Bose system and only if bucket seats are ordered  available on my All Terrain  when I factory ordered it in 2017  Im sure on SLT too