2.5 to 3.0 HMI Upgrade

On 8/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, th3magpi3 said:

Hey guys,

Something very exciting to share with you. A lot of people have been interested on whether or not this 2.5-3.0 HMI retrofit would even be possible in our older generation of trucks. 

Well, I'm happy to say that the proof-of-concept is here for you to take a peek at :)

Like I mentioned in the video, there are still some kinks that we need to work out. Navigation is handled in a different way on the newer HMI than the previous version, and we're still testing access to other stock 2019+ vehicle applications (onstar availability, store compatibility, wifi hotspots etc.). But I'm happy to report that not only does it work on our test bench, but it also works in my 2014 (which I think is pretty sweet).

In regards to the new 3.0. Carplay and Android Auto are working as you'd expect, but they're faster and less buggy that with the old HMI's. the entire unit is just a nice face-lift and snappier to use all-around.Go test a 2019 Sierra and you'll see what I mean.

We are also working on some pretty fun unlocks and features for these units as well, so keep your eyes peeled. 

I'm hoping to be able to offer a full retrofit kit for the new 3.0's in the not-so-distant future. There are a few things that need to be sorted, harnesses to be made, etc. to facilitate a seamless upgrade experience, but we're getting closer and closer each day and I figured it was time to share a bit of our progress.

Please, if there's any questions you have post them below. I'll be happy to answer ?

Thanks again for reading/watching. Feel free to PM me about any of your vehicle update needs. 

*****Q&A*****

1. Does this require the HD screen? A - No. This was done on a 2014 SLE with the SD screen. However, we CAN retrofit an HD screen into the system.

2. Will we be able to provide unlocks for this generation of HMI like Video in Motion, Rear Camera in Motion, Boot Logos and more..? A - YES. We will post those upgrades and mods here as well as to their section on the T1XX area of the forum when they become available. (Hint hint, soon)

3. What hardware is required to complete this upgrade? A - Right now, there is a fair bit going on behind the scenes to make this work, and we're still not fully at 100% functionality. These units use new HD cameras, they connect to certain components differently and use some completely different components... All of this has to be taken into account when we make a retrofit kit. So while this isn't as simple as a 2.0-2.5 upgrade, we're working hard to make it as easy as a swap as possible.

Any update on this, looks like there is interest again.

14 hours ago, PAPER said:

Well it says BANNED  on his profile & under his name ...

Looks like he has been active as recent as Monday, who knows, maybe reach out to him at Coastal Flash to see if anything is still in the works.

• 7 months later...

It's more vaporware just like the carplay kit I paid for that they never shipped or responded to my inquries about. You guys should be glad they are banned!! as for the original topic looks like someone finally called a spade a spade. 

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteAutoandMedia/posts/577485680289885