2.5 to 3.0 HMI Upgrade

7 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

does this unlock the gps navigation, so no subscription is required thru onstar? 

i'm happy with the oem , just want to add a front cam, and free gps

Send me a PM and we can talk. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:41 AM, tmo said:

The camera options also are available from EchoMaster and sold by GMC/Chevy dealerships. It’s just a module that you plug in behind the radio screen. You don’t need the 3.0 to do it.

I did not realize that the 16 would display them without the updated HMI.

Okay, question for all to assist me. I have a 2017 WT 1500. I have upgraded the jump seat to a full console and have Phil Gamboa's PnP 16pin harness to power the console usb and power ports. What my truck doesn't have is a HMI. The radio is the IOB with 7" screen. What do I need to purchase the console fully functional? Is there a work around that anyone has done to make this combination work?

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kgkern01 said:

Following this as well.  I was planning on upgrading my 2015 to the 2.5 with ApplePlay, but I may hold off if this is a better option.

Dont hesitate doing the 2.5 upgrade. Everything you need, he can get. And its absolutely perfect.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, disc0monkey said:

Will these support wireless carplay or is that a hmi 3.5?

GM has never offered wireless CarPlay or wireless Android Auto...

Edited by Nitrousbird

9 hours ago, TrueBlueSilverAdo said:

If this gets done. Im in. I have a 2014 that i never did the 2.5 upgrade on. Would love to jump to the 3.0 with the hd camera and built in nav

I love my 2.5 now in my ‘14.  GPS is awesome, phone connects so much faster and calls are way more clear and CarPlay is sweet. I’m supper happy with it. WAMS did my programming. 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, disc0monkey said:

It’s coming 2021 trailblazer. Should be here in another month or two.  If it’s the 3.0 maybe they see the capability in the background already

If it is the same HMI we will be able to retrofit it.

Also, thanks everyone for your patience. We've been quite slammed but this is top of mind :) 

On 1/3/2020 at 7:28 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

I love my 2.5 now in my ‘14.  GPS is awesome, phone connects so much faster and calls are way more clear and CarPlay is sweet. I’m supper happy with it. WAMS did my programming. 

What was your total cost?