2.5 to 3.0 HMI Upgrade

7 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

We do a 2.5 kit for $550 shipped (io5) or programming for $100 if you supply parts emoji2935.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, and to spare me a lot of searching

parts required? I believe I need a new brain for the infotainment, but can keep everything else?

any advantage to doing it in tandem with the denali cluster upgrade?

fyi I only use the mobile site, so if you have any links in your sig, I can’t see them. The admin of this site thought it would be fine to not include a desktop format link for phone users.

Thanks, and to spare me a lot of searching

parts required? I believe I need a new brain for the infotainment, but can keep everything else?

any advantage to doing it in tandem with the denali cluster upgrade?

fyi I only use the mobile site, so if you have any links in your sig, I can’t see them. The admin of this site thought it would be fine to not include a desktop format link for phone users.
Other than the cluster being an AWESOME upgrade you'll retain full steering wheel controls in Android auto and carplay.

In terms of parts you'll need a radio, HMI and USB.

Our site is https://coastalflash.com

Send me a PM or call our toll free number on the website and we'll get you sorted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:13 PM, th3magpi3 said:

If it is the same HMI we will be able to retrofit it.

Also, thanks everyone for your patience. We've been quite slammed but this is top of mind :) 

Any update on the HMI 3.0 upgrade?  I have a 2015 Denali, and was going to do 2.5 upgrade, but if 3.0 will be an option soon, I'd rather hold out for it.

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

ive been told the 2.5 and 3.0 are completely different systems  and cable connections are different, utilizes ethernet maybe?

would need to replace alot of hardware and complicate software. replace alot of pieces in the truck.

tech companies have been working on it, but to integrate the 3.0 and allow everything to function normal would be very expensive...... ive read

ive been told the 2.5 and 3.0 are completely different systems  and cable connections are different, utilizes ethernet maybe?
would need to replace alot of hardware and complicate software. replace alot of pieces in the truck.
tech companies have been working on it, but to integrate the 3.0 and allow everything to function normal would be very expensive...... ive read

Look at the first post in this thread.. it’s already been swapped in..

Just because something has been retrofitted doesn't mean it doesn't require a lot of aftermarket work. We are currently attempting to come up with the best solution to retain as many factory features as possible. Having a fancy new HMI3 in your K series truck doesn't mean much if there are missing features. 

We are doing our best to create the best retrofit we can. I know a lot of you have been asking about this - we are working on it. 

We will post an update very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, i dont mean to step on anyone’s toes, displaying computer info is different then retrofitting it to work with everything in the truck.

i think its pretty important to keep steering controls, seat memory,  remote start, power locks, power windows, and cluster communication with the radio and hmi.

sorry, wont comment again, just wanted to explain displaying info on the screen in hmi 3 design isnt what i described.

On 2/3/2020 at 5:43 AM, th3magpi3 said:

Just because something has been retrofitted doesn't mean it doesn't require a lot of aftermarket work. We are currently attempting to come up with the best solution to retain as many factory features as possible. Having a fancy new HMI3 in your K series truck doesn't mean much if there are missing features. 

We are doing our best to create the best retrofit we can. I know a lot of you have been asking about this - we are working on it. 

Thanks,

I am in for the up dates, also if needed I'd volunteer for testing. I am familiar with GM's SPS programing system & GDS2, and use it view or make changes on my own truck, if that matters. 

Edited by camcamaro1991

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 6:43 AM, th3magpi3 said:

5 month bump...any progress on this?  

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, asull79 said:

I would say no, the original poster I don’t believe is on here anymore.

I think he was Banned not to long ago ?  I could be mistaken though  ...