2.5 to 3.0 HMI Upgrade

2 minutes ago, youcantkeepup! said:

That doesn't really answer the question, thats referring to an unlock. A stock 2019 has the option to turn on the rear camera while driving, do you get this with the 3.0 or will an unlock and harness still be required?

It all comes down to how long. Like I said, we haven't extensively tested the modules yet. Look for updates to come but all of these things are in testing stages still. Keep posted to the original post and you'll see updates and unlocks  as we discover them. 

7 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Will it be possible to upgrade from HMI 2.0 to the 3.0?  If so what would be needed for that conversion?  It sounds possible but I figure it makes sense to ask.

it will be possible. My truck is a 2014 SLE and that's the exact same truck you see this running on. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:47 AM, NWdirt said:

Awesome! I would like to upgrade my 14 LTZ to HMI 3.0!

Not quite there yet but keep your eyes peeled to this thread and I'll release details when we have them. 

• Like 3

Hey guys, still working on this. Price will all depend on a bunch of factors. We're looking at options for converting the screen to HD, incorporating the old backup camera to the new system or adding the brand new HD cameras. It all takes time. 

As for cost, it's not going to be a cheap upgrade. It will require multiple custom fabricated harnesses depending on the type of system your truck currently has installed. I will promise you this though, I will make it a priority to get this into the hands of as many people as I can. I'm not and never have been a programmer trying to make huge profits off of you guys, I'm a truck owner just like you and I think the more tech we can upgrade in our trucks at an affordable price, the better. 

Wifi hotspot is working but it works with the onstar module as that's the unit that has the LTE/4G modem in it. As soon as I have updates, I'll post them. Sorry to dangle the piece of meat in front of your face and not provide more frequent updates, but I've been busy at work with some very exciting news which I will share with all of you soon. Stay tuned ? 

• Like 2

Hey guys, still working on this. Price will all depend on a bunch of factors. We're looking at options for converting the screen to HD, incorporating the old backup camera to the new system or adding the brand new HD cameras. It all takes time. 

As for cost, it's not going to be a cheap upgrade. It will require multiple custom fabricated harnesses depending on the type of system your truck currently has installed. I will promise you this though, I will make it a priority to get this into the hands of as many people as I can. I'm not and never have been a programmer trying to make huge profits off of you guys, I'm a truck owner just like you and I think the more tech we can upgrade in our trucks at an affordable price, the better. 

Wifi hotspot is working but it works with the onstar module as that's the unit that has the LTE/4G modem in it. As soon as I have updates, I'll post them. Sorry to dangle the piece of meat in front of your face and not provide more frequent updates, but I've been busy at work with some very exciting news which I will share with all of you soon. Stay tuned [emoji6] 

Let me ask this. I’m only interested in car play. Is it better/cheaper to just have you do old system for me? I’ve been traveling a lot and driving rentals. Every one I get has car play and just reminds me how much I wish I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, geswek said:

Let me ask this. I’m only interested in car play. Is it better/cheaper to just have you do old system for me? I’ve been traveling a lot and driving rentals. Every one I get has car play and just reminds me how much I wish I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM.