On my 2017 Sierra SLE 5.3L it would change from V8 to V4 depending on how many cylinders were active. 

In my 2019 Sierra SLT 5.3L there is not a display saying how many cylinders are active (2-8). Maybe I do not have an option turned on. What are your thoughts?

Did I need to know on the 2017? No. I found it interesting. Do I need the transmission temperature? No I find it interesting.  Do I need to know what percent climb or decent or left or right angles are? Not really...  all of these are interesting and could be useful. But I don’t need them. I do enjoy seeing the details. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did I need to know on the 2017? No. I found it interesting. Do I need the transmission temperature? No I find it interesting.  Do I need to know what percent climb or decent or left or right angles are? Not really...  all of these are interesting and could be useful. But I don’t need them. I do enjoy seeing the details. 

Please for your sake do not look at the brake wear screen [emoji1787]

Ryan B.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

It would be cool if one of the displays would show how many cylinders are firing and maybe even what gear you are in. If you barely have your foot on the gas it drops cylinders a lot. Just put on a aftermarket exhaust you still wont have a visual display but you will audibly recognize it.

• Like 2

There’s only one pattern I can easily pick out with the performance exhaust. It’s on my way home, around 30 mph, flat ground. It sounds cool though. It’s rhythmic. No idea how it sounds outside the truck, but probably weird.

• Thanks 1

In one of the videos TFL did they rode around with an engineer that had a device plugged into the obd that showed how many cylinders were firing. If i remember correctly it was constantly changing, it would be more of a distraction.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1