In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey everyone, I recently had a minor accident and bumped my buddy’s tow hitch and pretty much have destroyed all the cosmetic parts of my 2015 z71 plus package bumper. All brackets and such are fine and I’ve gotten some parts in already including upper cap, but I got an aftermarket shell and when talking to with the body shop we’re both unsure as to if you can put any filler panel and skid plate on it. He was worried that it may not fit but I would assume it should be the same to bolt on( z71, and non z71 filler panels and skid plates) has anyone ever swapped from one trim levels filler panel and skid plate to another? I don’t see a need to buy a $190 skid plate (z71 plus)  if I’m just gonna paint it anyway. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I recently had a minor accident and bumped my buddy’s tow hitch and pretty much have destroyed all the cosmetic parts of my 2015 z71 plus package bumper. All brackets and such are fine and I’ve gotten some parts in already including upper cap, but I got an aftermarket shell and when talking to with the body shop we’re both unsure as to if you can put any filler panel and skid plate on it. He was worried that it may not fit but I would assume it should be the same to bolt on( z71, and non z71 filler panels and skid plates) has anyone ever swapped from one trim levels filler panel and skid plate to another? I don’t see a need to buy a $190 skid plate (z71 plus)  if I’m just gonna paint it anyway. Thanks in advance!

I swapped my front bumper filler from one with out holes for the tow hooks to one with tow hooks holes no problem bolted right up and I have a 2014 Silverado LT the bumper skin should be the same for all 2014-15 besides the color ie chrome black and color match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shell is the same, I think. Don't the tow hooks come out through holes in the plastic fillers?

I always thought the shell was the same for all of them fit-wise, the only differentiating factor was whether or not you had parking sensors and/or fog lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk