Fording Depth

I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 that was in a flood I looked under the seat and all the seat motors are rusted the seats,radio,mirrors,pedal adjust doesnt work from the water damage just replaced the transmission from the water that was in it,wondering if theres a module that is stopping everything from working,the truck drives fine its just those parts thats not working that driving me crazy,any suggestion where the module is that controls the radio,elec seats,a/c, etc... 

1 hour ago, Lonnie Walker said:

I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 that was in a flood I looked under the seat and all the seat motors are rusted the seats,radio,mirrors,pedal adjust doesnt work from the water damage just replaced the transmission from the water that was in it,wondering if theres a module that is stopping everything from working,the truck drives fine its just those parts thats not working that driving me crazy,any suggestion where the module is that controls the radio,elec seats,a/c, etc... 

There are many modules that control those features, some of them are under the carpet.  Get yourself a subscription to AllDataDIY for access to the shop manual for diagrams and drawings and the trouble shooting guide.  You will save a fortune in time and money by getting yourself an MDI or MDI2 with GDS or GDS2 software so you can properly troubleshoot and not guess.

It’s been a while since I had my Sierra in deep water, but everything on these trucks seems sealed up well.  I’ve changed all my fluids since and have no evidence of water.  Many miles since and no issues.  Good to see others enjoying the outdoors and adventure!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been able to determine through Google Earth that the current owner had constructed as least two bridges that were destroyed by winter storms, so access would be seasonal. I have considered using something along the lines of a monster truck, a heavy caterpillar or tracked bulldozer to get across, a heavy duty winch to pull a heavy duty trailer across, metal rope with pulleys sloping in each direction with a seat, constructing a rope bridge to cross during flood stage, making the creek wider and more shallow with heavy equipment (possibly illegal). It appears the creek could become 100 ft wide during flood stage. So I could possibly achieve seasonal access by driving thru after modifications. In the rainy season, a vehicle on each side and travel above it via rope, wire cable, the only way in. It would be like having a moat. I haven't been to see the property yet. A decent deal because of the lack of access currently.

8 hours ago, RRC said:

I've been able to determine through Google Earth that the current owner had constructed as least two bridges that were destroyed by winter storms, so access would be seasonal. I have considered using something along the lines of a monster truck, a heavy caterpillar or tracked bulldozer to get across, a heavy duty winch to pull a heavy duty trailer across, metal rope with pulleys sloping in each direction with a seat, constructing a rope bridge to cross during flood stage, making the creek wider and more shallow with heavy equipment (possibly illegal). It appears the creek could become 100 ft wide during flood stage. So I could possibly achieve seasonal access by driving thru after modifications. In the rainy season, a vehicle on each side and travel above it via rope, wire cable, the only way in. It would be like having a moat. I haven't been to see the property yet. A decent deal because of the lack of access currently.

So looks like it's affordable property that might not be fordable right now.... 🤣