Rev / Bakflip water leaking suggestions

I have the REV hard folding tonneau by gm which is basically the same design as the Bakflip covers. I have a river of water running in my bed. Tech support sent me a smaller bulkhead gasket for the front bed wall but it didn't help.

The front weatherstrip on the cover curls up, causing the water to run sideways then dump right into the bed through the void area. I have also tried it without the front bulkhead gasket, and moving the entire cover forward and backwards as far as it will go. Still get a river of water. Anyone having this issue? How did you fix it?08b13d2229cfef63c76c5b7b8ae3e792.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So I think part of the problem is the top rubber flap is not glued to the weather strip. I can see old adhesive residue. So I cleaned it and used some contact cement to adhere it again. Hopefully that helps keeps the water out. Probably put a small dab of clear silicone caulk in there too in the inside corner.

Before and after photosa61b173ea7139a5400b181c65da9a76b.jpg258dc8699fd9ccfbfa6160b615480b1b.jpg

• 1 month later...
did dealer install yours because I went to car wash today im leaking to 
Yep. But I found a solution. It's called gorilla silicone sealant.

After going thru the carwash I immediately stopped afterwards and documented where the water was coming from. I identifyed 3 spots that were leaking.

Front Bulkhead, 2 bulkhead corners and the screw holes in the side rails.

I'm disappointed after spending 800 bucks on this thing that it leaks after my last one never leaked a drop in 4 years and it cost half that price.

Next post is how I solved it in 20 minutes of work and 20 bucks in materials.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Alright.

Here's what I did to stop the water from getting in my BakFlip

I put a small bead the entire length of both rails.

2d77f309fedab8070fa82a6da0c6e788.jpg

Then sealed up the end caps of the rails.

11a526fa7cfc63a49f6cfa966df8cbdc.jpg

After installing the rails. I filled the gap at the top of the rail with leftover foam pieces from the bulkhead and topped it with silicone.

4d6efd4edb909ce8f39ed0d7a85a6618.jpg

Then I sealed the thru bolts

669b5f6d52bdeb2f7e2d5498b31cc388.jpg

693c520f3f0eb6d4f6641108f40c5783.jpg

Finally I sealed up the screws on both sides.

912457010cdbb634b72ac03a8ddd0394.jpg

After putting the top back on securely I sealed up. Any holes from the bottom that I could see daylight from with silicone

1004c03a8021ccd5113410ea1163121e.jpg

After letting it setup for two days I took it back thru the car wash. No leaks

The main issue is that top two corners. It's not a solid fit there it needed more foam. It's a wide open hole there. Closing that off was mandatory.

Took 20 minutes to address properly.

Mine leaks through the screw holes they drilled in the underside of the cover for the tether straps. Do you get any leaks there?

Now that you mention it, I see rust on the tips of the screws. Moisture is getting in there for sure.

Now that you mention it, I see rust on the tips of the screws. Moisture is getting in there for sure.

My fear is the inside of the panels are filling with water. When I removed the cover last it felt much heavier. The location of the water dripping in from the strap screw holes would suggest water inside the panel.