Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic, it’s a marketing gimmick! Amsoil is real 100% Synthetic motor oil!

Latest Testing done by an individual having Blackstone Labs testing of his Amsoil 5w30, make sure to read the notes!

https://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/377-engine-technical-discussion/17823-amsoil-signature-series-oil-blackstone-oil-testing-10k-11-2k-10k-13-3k-intervals.html

Non of this surprises me with Amsoil. We stretch the limits way back in the 90s. We had a welder working for us who use to changed his oil every 3K miles on his LTD. At 100K he switch to Amsoil. He changed his oil 4 times in the next 100K, we paid for the testing. His main job was deep sea welding. He put miles on quick driving to his job. His son ended up with the car, who knows how many miles. It took awhile before he go more than 3K miles. He witnessed the results and became a believer. I’m not saying one size fits all. I wouldn’t be afraid of going by Amsoil recommendations. What people are missing here is Amsoil grew into a fairly well known company without national advertising that most companies do. So word of mouth from satisfied customers helped the advancement of this company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

IF my truck was brand new to me with zero miles or so, i'd use AMSOIL and stick to it but buying it used at 88k and now being at 126k, im not switching mostly thinking it wont do me any good since i wont keep my truck for many more years. Lots of folks may be in this same scenario. 

IF and when i do get a new or newish truck i will make the switch. 

• Like 1

Non of this surprises me with Amsoil. We stretch the limits way back in the 90s. We had a welder working for us who use to changed his oil every 3K miles on his LTD. At 100K he switch to Amsoil. He changed his oil 4 times in the next 100K, we paid for the testing. His main job was deep sea welding. He put miles on quick driving to his job. His son ended up with the car, who knows how many miles. It took awhile before he go more than 3K miles. He witnessed the results and became a believer. I’m not saying one size fits all. I wouldn’t be afraid of going by Amsoil recommendations. What people are missing here is Amsoil grew into a fairly well known company without national advertising that most companies do. So word of mouth from satisfied customers helped the advancement of this company.

It’s promoting the longevity of the engine, extremely impressive oil. I’m always going to go 4-5K intervals but you can only imagine the actual protection Amsoil is doing during and in between oil changes, it’s like your engine hasn’t run at all. I think 4-5K intervals is good with just about any Full Synthetic but it’s the protection during the use of Amsoil that completely blows them all away! Full Synthetic breaks down considerably during use within 4-5K but Amsoil is just getting started.
  • Like 1

IF my truck was brand new to me with zero miles or so, i'd use AMSOIL and stick to it but buying it used at 88k and now being at 126k, im not switching mostly thinking it wont do me any good since i wont keep my truck for many more years. Lots of folks may be in this same scenario. 

I bought my 92 stroked blown Chevy 9 years ago. Much too my surprised it used a qt every 500 miles. I figured I’d be converting it to a LS driveline quick. I even put Amsoil in it. I sometimes go two years between oil changes, don’t tell anyone. What the hell it ain’t gonna last. Nine years 15K miles she still lay down 4 truck lengths through 1-2 gear. Don’t tell anyone. Is it the oil?

• Like 1

I would feel the same, keep up with your oil changes and make sure to use only Wix XP filters and if possible, send a bit of your oil as you’re changing it to BlackStone or your choice lab to make sure there’s not a problem. Personally, I had no idea you could learn so much from an oil analysis, I mean, the test even shows if your air filter is doing its job, wow

I bought my 92 stroked blown Chevy 9 years ago. Much too my surprised it used a qt every 500 miles. I figured I’d be converting it to a LS driveline quick. I even put Amsoil in it. I sometimes go two years between oil changes, don’t tell anyone. What the hell it ain’t gonna last. Nine years 15K miles she still lay down 4 truck lengths through 1-2 gear. Don’t tell anyone. Is it the oil?

DUH and WOW! I think even Amsoil has a shelf life but in your case, well, wouldn’t know how to explain that one other than definitely outstanding oil. Personally, I’m addicted. I find myself changing the oil even sooner than 4K now due to my OCD and making a deal with myself that I’m going to do everything I can maintenance wise to keep this truck for a very long time thanks to Amsoil Engine Oil, Diff Oil and Transfer Case Oil, Just had GM do a full service on my transmission 4K miles ago and pump in their new and improved transmission fluid [emoji6]

DUH and WOW! I think even Amsoil has a shelf life but in your case, well, wouldn’t know how to explain that one other than definitely outstanding oil. Personally, I’m addicted. I find myself changing the oil even sooner than 4K now due to my OCD and making a deal with myself that I’m going to do everything I can maintenance wise to keep this truck for a very long time thanks to Amsoil Engine Oil, Diff Oil and Transfer Case Oil, Just had GM do a full service on my transmission 4K miles ago and pump in their new and improved transmission fluid [emoji6]

Nothing wrong with that. In the early days their claim was save time and money going extended. On our ROW equipment it allowed us to double HRs between oil changes. From 250 to 500HRS. After oil analysts we became dealers and offered it to our customers.

For the past 15 years i've been Mobil 1 only in everything (lawn mower included)

I read early on in this post they changed their formula after a lawsuit and i'm gathering they basically took a step back?

Anyone have more info on this? i'd be interested to know.

I do know, on my V-twin I was Mobil 1 only for a long time and it always had a little engine tick (even after I rebuilt it and put in new lifters) nothing too loud, just a little tick. I had a buddy convince me after many years to try Amsoil, so I finally did and the tick went away. Now the tick was something most people would never notice, but I heard it before and didnt after. So I assume that meant something was getting greased a little bit better. I ended up selling that bike a year later with barely 500 miles on that oil, so no long term results from me. 

Now for the amsoil people on here. I drive my truck with many short trips. 1.2 miles to work, 1.2 miles home, 1.5 miles to the store, 1.4 miles to the gym all throughout the week. Then on the weekends i'll hit the highway when we run around doing errands.

I change my Mobil 1 oil now every 7-9 months before it has a chance to sludge up on me. Is there any advantage to going amsoil if i'm going to change it every say 9 months with less than a 1500 miles on it? From all my short trips not letting the motor get hot enough to burn the junk out.

one time with my old Silverado I did Mobil 1 at 18 months with 1900 miles (mostly short trips) and had BlackStone analyze that and they said to take it down to 12 months and should be good.  My motorcycle which was all highway miles had same 18 months with about 1000 miles and they said it looked brand new, go 2 years next time. Wifes old 4 banger car had 6,000 miles on about 7 months and they said it looked great, go 8,000 miles next time (she did all city, but 45 minutes each way, plenty of time to warm up)

Point is, short trips are bad for your engine, would I be wasting money using amsoil for my short trip vehicle?

• Like 1

For the past 15 years i've been Mobil 1 only in everything (lawn mower included)

I read early on in this post they changed their formula after a lawsuit and i'm gathering they basically took a step back?
Anyone have more info on this? i'd be interested to know.

I do know, on my V-twin I was Mobil 1 only for a long time and it always had a little engine tick (even after I rebuilt it and put in new lifters) nothing too loud, just a little tick. I had a buddy convince me after many years to try Amsoil, so I finally did and the tick went away. Now the tick was something most people would never notice, but I heard it before and didnt after. So I assume that meant something was getting greased a little bit better. I ended up selling that bike a year later with barely 500 miles on that oil, so no long term results from me. 

Now for the amsoil people on here. I drive my truck with many short trips. 1.2 miles to work, 1.2 miles home, 1.5 miles to the store, 1.4 miles to the gym all throughout the week. Then on the weekends i'll hit the highway when we run around doing errands.

I change my Mobil 1 oil now every 7-9 months before it has a chance to sludge up on me. Is there any advantage to going amsoil if i'm going to change it every say 9 months with less than a 1500 miles on it? From all my short trips not letting the motor get hot enough to burn the junk out.

one time with my old Silverado I did Mobil 1 at 18 months with 1900 miles (mostly short trips) and had BlackStone analyze that and they said to take it down to 12 months and should be good.  My motorcycle which was all highway miles had same 18 months with about 1000 miles and they said it looked brand new, go 2 years next time. Wifes old 4 banger car had 6,000 miles on about 7 months and they said it looked great, go 8,000 miles next time (she did all city, but 45 minutes each way, plenty of time to warm up)

Point is, short trips are bad for your engine, would I be wasting money using amsoil for my short trip vehicle?

Great question! I primarily use Amsoil because side by side tests show there’s literally ZERO wear on your engine during the oil change intervals (that I do) when compared to Mobil1 or other Full Synthetic Oils. Personally, MHO, I’d rather have Amsoil protecting my engine whether long or short intervals which has outstanding and unsurpassed results. After an enormous amount of research, I’ve seen only the best possible results achieved using Amsoil. And, as Karnut stated, his engine, with short amount of miles on approximately 3 yrs has Amsoil in it.

You’ll learn a whole lot from people that have actually been using Amsoil for a great many of years. Sad thing is, you don’t really find people raving about their vehicles on forums, rather you’ll see more people looking to join a forum for ways to release negativity but know one thing, Amsoil has a 100% customer satisfaction rating which is why you don’t hear about Amsoil Oil until someone like me raves about it.

I love my Amsoil, it’s in each and every one of my family’s vehicles except the new X5 I bought my wife cause it’s got extended service contract with free oil changes up to 100k miles
  • Like 1

I put half a quart of Amsoil in the X5 after each oil change, gives me a sense of added security [emoji6]

Before Amsoil we used slick 50 and STP. My father put STP in everything even the radiator. We use to tease him about it ( a little ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Before Amsoil we used slick 50 and STP. My father put STP in everything even the radiator. We use to tease him about it ( a little ).

Yes, I remember Slick50, we used it in everything too.
  • Like 1