Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic, it’s a marketing gimmick! Amsoil is real 100% Synthetic motor oil!

I’ve started this Topic in order to inform and help everyone guide each other on what’s real 100% synthetic and what’s just marketing gimmick!

Mobil1 Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic!

It comes from base stock crude with 100% Synthetic Additives.

64279f8cd94a83e60f84f11866411520.jpg

Amsoil is 100% Synthetic Motor Oil with 100% Synthetic Aditives.

f0910c1642c16faadf9f400eb25103ec.jpg

Amsoil has been proven to be 4X better protection than the top of the line “Annual Protection” Mobil1.

Amsoil is $10 per quart online with free shipping when purchasing $100 or more.

Mobil1 Oil Filters only capture small as 30 microns where as Wix XP Oil Filters capture as small as 20 microns.

4590f4f22b686c049d1b867d8499936b.jpg

Not interested in a debate, just thought everyone should know the truth and judge for yourselves. Good luck and God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I know people will say that we are amsoil nut swin**ers but I'm running this combo after trying most other premium oil/filter combinations. And I have to say the vehicle is smoother running and doesn't seem to thin out/ breakdown as quick as other performance oils. Will be doing this again at the next oil change. The amsoil ordering & delivery is pretty easy, & WIX are available at the parts store in the extended capacity/long filters. 

I run the boutique stuff in bikes Motul/Maxima/Klotz. I have some of the Amsoil ATV oil in 40w that I'm going to try on the bike next oil change and see how that does. Not a sold out believer on Amsoil yet cause there many great specialty oils out there, but for automotive uses I'm kinda impressed. 

All the good stuff costs the same so it's not a hard choice. And Mobil 1 changed from excellent to crap years ago with the formula change. It's ok but nothing like it was.

• Like 3

Not to start another oil debate  TXGREEK.

No doubt in my mind Amsoil and Redline are better than off the shelf oils.

Yes they are 100% syn.

If my memory is correct being a business owner you can write off your truck expenses and you have a friend that does your services. 

I would use these oils if I felt they were necessary.

I still believe they key is regular oil changes especially with these more complicated motors.

I'll do it my way and the others their way.

:)

• Like 5

Our family business became Amsoil dealers- users in the 90s it was hydraulics. We built land clearing equipment that used high volume, high pressure pumps. Blowing a hose usually meant losing a pump due to cavitation to the pump. At the time usually two days down and 4K$. Not counting working dollars. We were using the equipment ourselves and beginning to sell retail. Amsoil solved that problem. Next oil changes in the field usually happens at 250 hours on conventional oil at the time. We were able to double to 500 hours. Eliminating loss time and disposal problems in the field. And gaining time. With analysts done, of course. We also started running it in our diesel trucks and personnel cars up to 25K miles. Pulling trucks and job site trucks. Personal cars usually once a year. Trucks usually twice. Analysts done. The one diesel truck we kept around for a parts runner backup job- pulling truck went 400K miles. Great product. We added red line to our inventory also. I haven’t been part of testing involving DI or cylinder deactivation engines so can’t comment on those. I go with extreme service on those. I will go extended on my older vehicles, usually once a year anyway. And newer non turbo normal engines such as my Toyota and use Amsoil. If I can’t go extended 15K miles or once a year I’ll use Mobil 1 for 7K miles or less. Or equivalent.

• Like 2

I believe everyone is entitled and should do what they can afford to use on their vehicles. Side buy side comparison, less wear and tear on your engine is the most important for the sake of longevity. Tests have shown that, when compared side by side, there’s literally zero wear on your engine when compared to Full Synthetics. “Full Synthetic” is a marketing gimmick.

A 100% Synthetic motor oil “will” do better at protecting your engine from it taking much longer to break down. Additional, additives play a key roll in keeping your engine clean. Pennzoil “ULTRA” Platinum is a very good Oil due to its additives. It’s still not 100% and when you compare prices, Amsoil at $10 per quart, Amsoil, IMHO, is the best bang for your buck.

Another thing I love about Amsoil is that they keep a purchase log for you. I always order 10 for free $100 or more shipping and it’s delivered right to your door.

Buy the best you can afford but don’t be a sucker for marketing gimmicks!

• Like 1

Are you one of those social media influencers/bloggers? If I buy amsoil will I get a portion of the marketing money you were paid for this post? Just trying to weigh all my options before me next oil change...

Tyler

Nope, just a regular guy that’s trying to get the word out. “Full Synthetic” It’s misleading and everyone should be educated on it. You pay a lot for your vehicle and to some a fortune, knowingly entering a mental contract telling yourself that you’ll buy what’s best for your new vehicle. Personally, I’ve worked very hard for what I’ve got and through the years have personally seen a huge difference where corporations are pushing profit over quality. There’s absolutely no law that keeps them from misleading you into believing their oils are 100% Synthetic. Do your homework, you be the judge but remember, corporations pay for results, marketing firms only care about how to physiologically manipulate the consumer into buying their clients products. Good luck and God Bless!

I miss ordered my lubrication lot for my 100K service leaving me with out 75W90 Red Line and a few extra quarts of Red Line D6. Rats!! Unable to get my preferred and having an AMSOIL dealer local I bought 3 quarts of 75W90 Severe Gear. My second buy of an AMSOIL product. (Sorry Nick, it was short notice like hours not a day). YIKES! 3 quarts cost over $60!!!!

Here's what I know. Red Line and AMSOIL are a PAO/Ester blend. I even know which ester is used in the Red Line. I do not with the AMSOIL. There are several and none are bad choices. Some are just better choices. I know both use 'synthetic' base oils for the additive package.

I know Mobil 1 USE TO BE a full PAO with a mineral oil base oil add pack. I know since they lost their lawsuit with Castrol it is now AT BEST a Group III 'synthesized' fully hydrogenated mineral oil. No better than Quaker State UD. No idea on the base oil add pack. I know Mobil made this change without informing the consumer and kept charging like it was something it was not. I know the 'Law' permits such deceit.

I know that in my personal testing over hundreds of thousands of miles in both water and air cooled equipment which one runs coolest. I know why.

I know that film strength tests, cylinder, four ball, cone and plate, etc. test oils at a pressure only a motor out of oil would experience. I know that Esters, any of them, have an affinity for ferrous metals and ELIMINATE dry starts even after a year. I know the daily dry start is the root of the majority of engine 'normal' non stress related wear. 

I know you can run a motor a very long time on any good Group III mineral oil but I also know it will run longer, cooler and suffer fewer oil related required repairs if you keep it long enough to exceed the protection of a Group III. I know most people don't and could care less about the second buyer. 

I know that as long as Phillips (Red Line) and AMSOIL stay transparent they are my FIRST choice. 

That's what I know. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
Spelling
  • Like 2

Not to start another oil debate  TXGREEK.

No doubt in my mind Amsoil and Redline are better than off the shelf oils.
Yes they are 100% syn.

If my memory is correct being a business owner you can write off your truck expenses and you have a friend that does your services. 
I would use these oils if I felt they were necessary.
I still believe they key is regular oil changes especially with these more complicated motors.

I'll do it my way and the others their way.
[emoji4]

I couldn’t agree with you more, it’s your vehicle and only you can decide that. Do what makes you happy. I just want everyone to be better informed on what’s real and what’s not.

You be the judge, running two separate oils, one Full Synthetic and the other 100% Synthetic for 4K miles, think you’ll get much more wear and tear on your components through the 4K miles duration from the Full Synthetic or the 100% Synthetic?