Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic, it’s a marketing gimmick! Amsoil is real 100% Synthetic motor oil!

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve seen gas engines at pumping stations last many hours. On pumps and welders etc. They run well below redline. Some people don’t realize that diesels make their power at lower RPMs. One of the reasons they outlast gas. Something I believe you’re aware of.

Yep, oil rig and irrigation motors. Old flatheads run forever in that service. Many on propane and once started they just hum along their merry way. Little load change. One cold start per service cycle. Low rpm. medium load. Perfect for long life. 

Yes, I'm aware of a diesels pluses. If I could get my nose past that smell..... :) 

• Like 1

What's the Amazon link for the overpriced, overrated oil again?

If you’re talking about the over priced Full Synthetic Mobil1, you can find that stuff at any Walmart or local auto part store.

If you’re talking about 100% Synthetic Amsoil, you can find it at

https://www.amsoil.com/

Become a member and get it for $10 per quart with free delivery on every $100 purchase. I also recommend Wix Filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody in their right mind buys oil for an oil change in 1L bottles, when the 5L bottles go on sale all the time, and for literally 1/2 the price of what 5 1L bottles of Amsoil would be...

Think you’re missing the point, the discussion is not about cheapest price oil, it’s about 100% Synthetic versus Full Synthetic and how consumers are being misled into believing they’re getting the full benefits of 100% synthetic

15 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Think you’re missing the point, the discussion is not about cheapest price oil, it’s about 100% Synthetic versus Full Synthetic and how consumers are being misled into believing they’re getting the full benefits of 100% synthetic

Well, maybe you should have stuck with that point, rather than also including your ridiculous comparison  of price.

• Like 1

Well, maybe you should have stuck with that point, rather than also including your ridiculous comparison  of price.

You’re still missing the point,

I’ve demonstrated the difference between Amsoil 100% Synthetic and Mobil1 Full Synthetic adding price difference and what you’re getting. If you’d like, inform us on the oil that you’re using, add it to this discussion, I’ll take the time to inform you on how you’re misled and how you’re paying to much for even the low priced oil you believe you’re getting a better deal on based on the protection you think you’re getting

I’ve been asked this question over and over again: Full Synthetic is not 100% Synthetic?

And today I was helping a neighbor with his high dollar toy and we too got into this discussion, he’s returning his Penzoil Platinum and ordering Amsoil.

Full Synthetic is conventional oil mixed with 100% Synthetic additives which are used for cleaning and protection.

100% Synthetic is 100% Synthetic (man made oil) mixed with 100% Synthetic additives.

You’ll even find that 100% Synthetic takes much longer to burn off which assists in engines known to require adding quarts between oil changes.

Ok, I’m outta here, Margarita Night.....

Good luck to everyone and have a great weekend

33 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I’ve demonstrated the difference between Amsoil 100% Synthetic and Mobil1 Full Synthetic adding price difference and what you’re getting. 

TXGREEK:

I was 5  years old in 1958 and couldn't remember not having a wrench in my hand then. Knew every tool in dad's very extensive collection and how to use them. He was US Army and good old dirt farmer trained.  

Oil came in paper cans back then and ALL commercial oils were still mineral with the majority still Group 1. Premium oils were Group II and few at the time were dewaxed nor was the Sulphur removed. You learned to hate Pennzoil pretty quick as the clean up guy. I spent allot of my time under dad's feet and under his wing and mostly in the solvent tank cleaning and disassembling everything I had the strength to take apart and everything he could. When I had that mastered he taught me all he knew and I was building motors out of his shop before I was 10.

I've watched the petroleum industry every step of the way from reclaimed clay filtered waste oil still in use after Korea and sold for 10 cents a quart at  your local Hudson station up to and including current ester oils becoming commercial. I had the timely good fortune to work in the industry and be extensively trained and receive the front row seat to watch it all unfold. Motor oil, Gasoline, Diesel, Avgas, Jet, Kerosene and heating. Group III came to fruition during my tenure. Had the opportunity to make tankers of esters. I worked Shale oil refining. I wrenched. Had my own shade tree until I was about 30. I raced and mostly I observed what oils, all of them, are and can do in the hands of both the person who cares and the person who cares not.

In the beginning I saw stuff come out of cans I wouldn't have though you could get in a can. I'm amazed how dirty "new" oils are even today. I have literally seen it all and the one thing I've learned is this my friend; there is always someone 30 years your junior who learned off a YouTube video that is going to claim not only is everything you know irrelevant but he learned more in a few hours YouTubing than you learned in a lifetime.  

All you can do is say what you have to say then say goodbye. I use what I use for a reason and I use it how I use it for those same reasons. I wish people were reasonable but...….They would rather feel vindicated than learn what they know, what they built their personality on...is in error. 

Some just like to bait you. You did a good thing here. 

• Like 3

Well, fellas this thread has been very enlightening and, I appreciate it.

Reckon Ill need Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20?

I have a 2019 5.3 DFM L84 I think?

At any rate, I'm gonna go with Amsoil!

And, Wix filters too I reckon.

It will be more expensive no doubt. But, it seems like its really far superior to Mobil 1.

Not at all to say Mobil 1 is not good. Not at all.

Just that Amsoil Signature Series is just that good!

• Like 1

Heck, I remember in the mid 80's it seems that a good friend of my dad was telling us about how good Amsoil was and how it was so far advanced from anything else. And, that man was always a very smart well respected fella too.  We just didnt really have anything that required such a good oil at the time. Or, more honestly anything we really gave a damn about using such a good oil in lol. We just used Castrol. Times, they change:)

Edited by MacLaren
  • Like 1

TXGREEK:

I was 5  years old in 1958 and couldn't remember not having a wrench in my hand then. Knew every tool in dad's very extensive collection and how to use them. He was US Army and good old dirt farmer trained.  

Oil came in paper cans back then and ALL commercial oils were still mineral with the majority still Group 1. Premium oils were Group II and few at the time were dewaxed nor was the Sulphur removed. You learned to hate Pennzoil pretty quick as the clean up guy. I spent allot of my time under dad's feet and under his wing and mostly in the solvent tank cleaning and disassembling everything I had the strength to take apart and everything he could. When I had that mastered he taught me all he knew and I was building motors out of his shop before I was 10.

I've watched the petroleum industry every step of the way from reclaimed clay filtered waste oil still in use after Korea and sold for 10 cents a quart at  your local Hudson station up to and including current ester oils becoming commercial. I had the timely good fortune to work in the industry and be extensively trained and receive the front row seat to watch it all unfold. Motor oil, Gasoline, Diesel, Avgas, Jet, Kerosene and heating. Group III came to fruition during my tenure. Had the opportunity to make tankers of esters. I worked Shale oil refining. I wrenched. Had my own shade tree until I was about 30. I raced and mostly I observed what oils, all of them, are and can do in the hands of both the person who cares and the person who cares not.

In the beginning I saw stuff come out of cans I wouldn't have though you could get in a can. I'm amazed how dirty "new" oils are even today. I have literally seen it all and the one thing I've learned is this my friend; there is always someone 30 years your junior who learned off a YouTube video that is going to claim not only is everything you know irrelevant but he learned more in a few hours YouTubing than you learned in a lifetime.  

All you can do is say what you have to say then say goodbye. I use what I use for a reason and I use it how I use it for those same reasons. I wish people were reasonable but...….They would rather feel vindicated than learn what they know, what they built their personality on...is in error. 

Some just like to bait you. You did a good thing here. 

581f590a7815363805f49f397983dda7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Testing done by an individual having Blackstone Labs testing of his Amsoil 5w30, make sure to read the notes!

https://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/377-engine-technical-discussion/17823-amsoil-signature-series-oil-blackstone-oil-testing-10k-11-2k-10k-13-3k-intervals.html

Here’s another test done, proof is in the pudding.

https://www.f150forum.com/attachments/f38/397744d1444861530-amsoil-blackstone-labs-analysis-report-22-672-miles-12-ford-coyote-092615_sanitized.pdf

Would I go this long or recommend you to do so....HELL NO! But, it’s that good of oil. 4K-5K miles intervals for me assures me excellent protection between engine oil changes along with Wix XP oil filters capturing small as 20 Microns of dirt, your engine will last far longer.