Rear Seat

rwickens

1 hour ago, rwickens said:

I am sure this will end up being a stupid question but.....

Can the back of the Rear Seats come down?  I have a vibratory noise coming from there and can't fix it without getting to the back of the seat.

Keep a note of any rattles, squeaks or other annoyances and give the list to your GM service advisor.  You do not need to be taking things apart to repair on a brand new truck.  Other members may share negative experiences with taking such concerns in for warranty repair,  but I've had very good service.  If your annoyance persists after a service visit,  you remain persistent..

Silly me. I had rear headrest noise and it drove me batty. Leaning them forward at a 90* angle eliminated it. I went back to dealer and found that I (and them after an initial visit) had not fully lowered the headrests. Those release buttons are a little tricky.

I firmly hammer fisted the backrest & the headrest rattled in mine...can possibly try that & see if you hear the noise.
I can make mine rattle doing the same thing. If I flip the seats up and lay the headrest down it goes away, I will try to spread the headrest post and see if this works. Fingers crossed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, JR09country said:

I can make mine rattle doing the same thing. If I flip the seats up and lay the headrest down it goes away, I will try to spread the headrest post and see if this works. Fingers crossed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It should work but if it doesn’t, switch one side with the other.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, rwickens said:

Thank you gentlemen, I will first try the Headrest Post as i'm not certain what is making the noise.

Also check the seat belts on the 2 door side seats.  On my 2016, there was an interior rattle every time I was on a road that wasn't completely flat.  Took me some time, but eventually I found the culprit, it was the passenger side seat belt (front).  The head on the insert clasp, was every so slightly bumping against the pillar between the front and back doors.  I never would have guessed it because the noise sounded like something inside the panels that was rattling.  But once I secured that seatbelt, it solved the problem.   The hint was, I could never replicate the problem anytime someone else was riding in the truck with me.  ?