Tinted tail lights

So I got impatient and chatted online with CarID. They were able to point me to the only option they offered. Here's the link for the tail light cover: https://www.carid.com/avs/tail-shades-smoke-tail-light-covers-mpn-33637.html?singleid=2290042544

My order is placed, now I just have to wait for the covers to show up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysz said:

So I got impatient and chatted online with CarID. They were able to point me to the only option they offered. Here's the link for the tail light cover: https://www.carid.com/avs/tail-shades-smoke-tail-light-covers-mpn-33637.html?singleid=2290042544

That's a good find but I was hoping for the whole light myself and not a cover. I will however keep this saved in case I do not find what I want.

Thanks for posting it.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mysz said:

Just a heads up, I went to install these covers today and the cut on them is slightly off so a small portion of the red taillight is visible underneath them on the edge. Needless to say I was disappointed. I'm returning them and waiting to see if I can find a better solution for darkening my taillights

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, dctackett10 said:

Hahah. That’s mine. These are tail light covers I got from Car Id 

I have been looking everywhere for tail light covers for the new body style and can't find them.  Even on AVS's website, they don't give you the option for the new body style and they look like they are made to fit the older body.  I emailed AVS, but haven't heard back.  Would much rather go this route than tinting them.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, dctackett10 said:

Hahah. That’s mine. These are tail light covers I got from Car Id 

So I was just on the phone with AVS.  They do not make a tail light cover for the new body style trail boss.  I have been scouring the web looking for these tail light covers and can't find them anywhere.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:14 AM, gearheadesw said:

Personal opinion, just me, but I want people to see when my brakes are on, in the daylight, those tinted and/or darkened tail  lights are hard to see, not all, but some you can't even tell what's on or off. Just me.

Most are usually making love to their phone so they wouldn't notice brake lights anyways.

spacer.png