Fan Stays Running - Feature or Malfunction?

My cooling fan(s) occasionally stay running after the truck is turned off. I've noticed this twice now and only happens when shutting the truck off after some spirited driving. Both times the temp gauge has been above 210 (slightly) at the time of shutdown. I waited about 5 min and the fans were still on so restarted, let run for approx 1 min and shut down. The fans turned off at that point. 

Is this a feature to cool the engine after it is shut down, or do I have a relay or programming issue somewhere?

I have never had my cooling fan run after a turn off of the vehicle.  I have noticed it come on directly after I start the vehicle if its warm then it goes off after a short time.  This is on my 5.3.  6.2's might have other metrics as to when the fan runs?  

It is a GM feature called "afterblow" (no I didn't make that up).  It is meant to dry the evaporator core so you don't get that moldy smell from your A/C.  On some years it came already enabled but on others the Techs had to enable it later after people started to complain about it.

https://www.underhoodservice.com/gm-eliminating-air-conditioning-odor/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sk said:

It is a GM feature called "afterblow" (no I didn't make that up).  It is meant to dry the evaporator core so you don't get that moldy smell from your A/C.  On some years it came already enabled but on others the Techs had to enable it later after people started to complain about it.

https://www.underhoodservice.com/gm-eliminating-air-conditioning-odor/

He is saying the engine cooling fan stays running, not the HVAC fan.