Anyone get the 9L7 Upfitter AUX switches

My local dealer quoted me over $240, it was only $137 on gmpartsdirect.com (Which is a SC dealership) I got it delivered to my door in less than a week from them.

I tried ordering from GM Parts Direct. They canceled my order due to the backorder status of the kit. Either they lied to me, or your info is outdated. My second online order that was canceled was GM Parts Online. My third canceled order was Tasco in Rhode Island. The info I've been posting is the most current and up to date info available at this time. I'm now using a dealership in San Diego, CA.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Called my local dealer on  1/8 to order late. Order was placed 1/11 arrived 1/13... no issues part # 84942071...  162.96 with taxes... dont know why everyone is having problems...

Now just have to install.

20210115_085021.thumb.jpg.89d60cb7165785c0b88f81e1564d793a.jpg

20210115_085005.thumb.jpg.07145b02f83275861c6456b705df6741.jpg

Because your kit is for a keyed ignition. Mine is for a push start ignition. I need 84942073.

Got a call from my dealer today. He said all the parts arrived to do this project. Again, the kit wasn't available so I had to order it by the piece. Even though I have my dealer the pay numbers he decided he was smarter and didn't order the fuse block parts (GM part #84669070). Going through the paperwork I've confirmed I need this part, so I get to call him back in the morning and get it ordered. It's going to be a few days until I can get it, so no install this week. I'm not pleased.

5a73e3502ec6b46bdb1fecb6cd745bf7.jpg

On 1/12/2021 at 5:53 AM, John Sarappa said:

If you order the aux switches when building the truck at the dealer, does the factory build it that way,or does the dealer/ hack/ tech install them?

9L7         Upfitter switch kit, (5), Provides 3-30 amp and 2-20 amp configurable circuits to facilitate installation of aftermarket electrical accessories. Kit with all required parts will be shipped loose with the truck for installation by the dealer or upfitter at customer expense. Installation instructions and technical assistance available at www.gmupfitter.com.

9L7         Upfitter switch kit, (5), Provides 3-30 amp and 2-20 amp configurable circuits to facilitate installation of aftermarket electrical accessories. Kit with all required parts will be shipped loose with the truck for installation by the dealer or upfitter at customer expense. Installation instructions and technical assistance available at www.gmupfitter.com.
Yep. Technical bulletin 153b.

I tried to buy them from gmpartsdirect but they immediately cancelled it. I bought fog lights at the same time and I’ll have the dealer install them at my next oil change. Will talk to the parts guys when I’m there about the upfitter switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, so I'm having some fun with this. Sarcasm implied. Installing the upfitter switches is fairly easy. Getting started is the hard part. Taking apart the dash in the right order to get the knee bolster out is a PITA. I also managed to break 2 red lock retainer clips on the plugs after disengaging them. Their fault for being in the way, and for being so weak when my fat fingers were trying to press down in the tabs that keep the plugs in their sockets. Oh well.

Ran into a few problems. Only 1 is relevant to this thread. I can't find the female plug for the 14-pin connector that comes from the fuse box that I mounted for the switches. Out of frustration I stopped searching and started working on the wiring under the hood. If anybody can help with identifying where the 14-pin plug is, I'd be greatly appreciative. I can't work on this project Friday due to rain, so I'm hoping somebody will post a pic of info before I can finish this project Saturday. My stock ride height truck is too tall and too wide for my garage.

9 hours ago, Transient said:

Alright, so I'm having some fun with this. Sarcasm implied. Installing the upfitter switches is fairly easy. Getting started is the hard part. Taking apart the dash in the right order to get the knee bolster out is a PITA. I also managed to break 2 red lock retainer clips on the plugs after disengaging them. Their fault for being in the way, and for being so weak when my fat fingers were trying to press down in the tabs that keep the plugs in their sockets. Oh well.

Ran into a few problems. Only 1 is relevant to this thread. I can't find the female plug for the 14-pin connector that comes from the fuse box that I mounted for the switches. Out of frustration I stopped searching and started working on the wiring under the hood. If anybody can help with identifying where the 14-pin plug is, I'd be greatly appreciative. I can't work on this project Friday due to rain, so I'm hoping somebody will post a pic of info before I can finish this project Saturday. My stock ride height truck is too tall and too wide for my garage.

Ok so your up to your arm pit trying to get it all done. Have no fear. Check this link and it should help as it has additional pics. That plug can be seen looking close to the removed fuse panel. It kinda hidden in there but not a figment of anyone imagination. 

Start on page one and they go thru the entire install. I also have a word document on removal with photos of the entire console as it really helped me got it off and back on. I attached the word doc see if it helps you. I got it off a magazine.

Good Luck Chuck

How To remove console.docx

Ok so your up to your arm pit trying to get it all done. Have no fear. Check this link and it should help as it has additional pics. That plug can be seen looking close to the removed fuse panel. It kinda hidden in there but not a figment of anyone imagination. 

[/url]  Start on page one and they go thru the entire install. I also have a word document on removal with photos of the entire console as it really helped me got it off and back on. I attached the word doc see if it helps you. I got it off a magazine.

Good Luck Chuck

How To remove console.docx

Thank you! I read through it. During a break in the rain I went outside and looked for the plug. Found it, but removing the fuse block like that thread suggested did nothing to help. Interior is put back together. Spent the evening changing a weatherpack terminal on one of the wire harnesses in going to connect to 2 of the switches. No rain tomorrow, so I'm going to work under the hood and get the wiring finished up. I need to run 2 harnesses through the firewall and plug them in, then work at the battery. Otherwise, the cable are already fitted and installed under the hood from Thursday's time spent on the truck. If this works, I think this will be the first T1 with the GM Accessories light bar installed to switches instead of a remote key fob.

Great on the progress. When that light bar is activated take some photos and put them up here.

Chuck
I've run into some roadblocks, but Baja Designs has been very helpful with getting the lightbar to work. Hoping to have this completely finished by next weekend.

The next question will then be, what should I get next for the auxiliary switches? I'm thinking about an ARB air compressor, and mounting it in the bed.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have recent luck ordering the full kit online? Would really rather not deal with my local dealers. 
Nope. "Indefinite backorder per GM" is what my dealer told me. I had to order everything piece by piece.

• 2 weeks later...