Anyone get the 9L7 Upfitter AUX switches

56 minutes ago, AdamAT4 said:

Mine only has 4 wires, but there's 5 switches

I like how it gives you the snow prep 200A fuse, ill probably use that if I add a winch4183b36c90c3d4cec038d2e8b0a94e53.jpg1d65b035de59cd38357660173e4953d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

The fifth wire (relay and switch 5) is in the gray plug and heads up to the third brake light to power a roof beacon. 

The fifth wire (relay and switch 5) is in the gray plug and heads up to the third brake light to power a roof beacon. 
Ok, ill probably cut it out as ill probably never have a beacon but that is convenient if you have a roll bar with lights

11 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

Ok, ill probably cut it out as ill probably never have a beacon but that is convenient if you have a roll bar with lights

That is my plan as well if I ever need the 5th switch or a 30amp circuit. 
It should be at pin #8 in the gray plug, GN/BU wire. 
UI Bulletin #153 has a wire schematic with color coding for each switch/relay. 

2 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

Got mine all done, it was a lot of work but a very clean factory install. Now I need to get some lights. 66290fe0e40d583f1861e92fd62018cd.jpg

Cool looks good!  What you thinking for lights? And what’s up with the trim colour around that panel? Something custom you did?

Cool looks good!  What you thinking for lights? And what’s up with the trim colour around that panel? Something custom you did?

Ditch lights on AUX 1, once I get a trim pc for lower bumper ill put a bar there on AUX 2.

3 and 4 are currently undecided but AUX 5 will be flush mount flood lights in the rear bumper for night time toy loading/ reverse/ anti tail gater lights

Trim is wrapped by a wrap company, high quality 3m air release rusted copper metallic. Expensive but looks soo good. Getting the door handles wrapped soon.

Also waiting on my hydro dipper to get a matching carbon to do the radio bezel.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Ditch lights on AUX 1, once I get a trim pc for lower bumper ill put a bar there on AUX 2.  
3 and 4 are currently undecided but AUX 5 will be flush mount flood lights in the rear bumper for night time toy loading/ reverse/ anti tail gater lights

Trim is wrapped by a wrap company, high quality 3m air release rusted copper metallic. Expensive but looks soo good. Getting the door handles wrapped soon.

Also waiting on my hydro dipper to get a matching carbon to do the radio bezel.

Nice work. Spotted that Wera screwdriver in your pic. I have that set, a straight through set, and carry an insulated shaft set for work.
Good choice of tools!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nice work. Spotted that Wera screwdriver in your pic. I have that set, a straight through set, and carry an insulated shaft set for work.
Good choice of tools!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have all wera screwdrivers including torx and hex, pliers are knipex at home and klein at work. I have nearly every Milwaukee power tool as well and really like them. For ratchets I really like the gearwrench 120XP, snap on feel for far less and my wrenches are Jet.

Hi all, 

Just picked up a 2020 GMC 3500HD with the upfitter from the dealer. I spent a few hours yesterday installing everything for the auxiliary switches. My question is, where do I connect my wires for the auxiliary switches to control my LED lights for the service body? I can't seem to find anything, unless I'm just overlooking it. I appreciate your help, 

13 hours ago, Johnson087 said:

Hi all, 

Just picked up a 2020 GMC 3500HD with the upfitter from the dealer. I spent a few hours yesterday installing everything for the auxiliary switches. My question is, where do I connect my wires for the auxiliary switches to control my LED lights for the service body? I can't seem to find anything, unless I'm just overlooking it. I appreciate your help, 

I just picked up my harness for under the dash from the dealer today, but it looked like there was four stubbed wires coming off that. 

20200901_192226.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone that has this option installed at the factory willing to share their VIN number?  Chevrolet Parts has no knowledge of this animal and says it's not something I can order.  If I have a VIN# that has this installed, they said they may be able to help me.  Likewise, if you can share part numbers that are valid that would be great too.  The dealer is unable to find anything using the service bulletin in this thread.  Thanks!

Edited by jmandish

Does anyone that has this option installed at the factory willing to share their VIN number?  Chevrolet Parts has no knowledge of this animal and says it's not something I can order.  If I have a VIN# that has this installed, they said they may be able to help me.  Likewise, if you can share part numbers that are valid that would be great too.  The dealer is unable to find anything using the service bulletin in this thread.  Thanks!
PM me

Hi Guys.   Really liking this thread.   But I'm curious:  Has anyone tried to retrofit the 9L7 switch panel onto a K2 Silverado/Sierra (2014-2018)?     I doubt it would be a perfect drop-in installation.  But could it be made so it's functional?

I have a 2018 Silverado Z71, with the AUX switch panel already installed below the Infotainment center.   I'm adding some LED pods....so I'll need a place for switches that I'd be happy with.   Right now, "plan A" is to mount rocker switches in the roof console like I've seen some people do.   But the Upfitter switch panel from a 2020 Silverado/Sierra would also look good....if I could do it.

Seems like the the 9L7 requires the switch panel, wiring harness, fuse block, and a relay block that comes with the harness (?).   I saw the GM p/n's earlier for these items.   If I could make the switch panel fit in the knee bolster like they do with the 2020 models....I could probably find mounting locations for the rest.   The only issue I can see is that if the 9L7 option comes with any plugs that connect to any existing plugs on the truck.....I doubt mine would be the right type since I have an older model.

Any ideas?!?   I'm no slouch when it comes to wiring.....so if I bought the components I could probably make it work.  I'm just wondering if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks!!