Replace Silverado Tailgate with MultiPro tailgate

Josh11

i have a 19 LT Trail Boss and my dad just got a 19 Sierra SLT with the Multipro. It looks like plug and play. just went under both trucks, I've been looking for used tailgates but haven't found any online yet. I'm willing to risk it, I think they only need power so they should work. Hopefully I can find one in the same color as my TB

9 hours ago, Josh11 said:

That’s awesome but I also did notice it has dual button one for the lower part of the tailgate and the other button for the upper part so will both buttons actually get power?

You will probably need some form of programming because i think the truck can tell when the different sections of the tailgate are open provided it's plug-and-play. 

The switch inside the truck only controls the whole tailgate. Since the separate switches are ON the tailgate, I don't think the BCM would come into play. The power harness to connect to the truck might be different since there are two switches, but then again they might be on the same circuit.

18 hours ago, viperdad said:

i have a 19 LT Trail Boss and my dad just got a 19 Sierra SLT with the Multipro. It looks like plug and play. just went under both trucks, I've been looking for used tailgates but haven't found any online yet. I'm willing to risk it, I think they only need power so they should work. Hopefully I can find one in the same color as my TB

Why dont you try to swap the tailgate?