Rough Country LED Grille kit 2019+

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, bullet3z said:

I just installed mine yesterday. I wired my positive wire to the 1st position on the wire block as shown in the photo posted above, factory has it marked as "post 1". All off the posts are HOT all the time. Even when the truck is turned off. When doing this the switch provided by RC has a green light that lights up when you turn the lights on. The bad thing is a red light lights up when the switch is off. The red light stays on even when the ignition is off. Thankfully I did not pull the wires through the fire wall yet. So I am going to rethink how I need to wire these up. 

I want to run a wireless relay and use button 3 on my home link system to activate the lights. But I am not sure which wireless system to buy?

I cut the white wire off at the relay and tapped an ign hot fuse in the cab, now the switch only lights up when the ignition is on.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Tx_Bowtie said:

I cut the white wire off at the relay and tapped an ign hot fuse in the cab, now the switch only lights up when the ignition is on.

Can you please provide any information on which wire you tapped for an ignition source? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 5:25 PM, aekdb said:

I just had them installed on my RST, they fit and look amazing. They are brighter than the headlights, but not crazy.

C7D77FA6-1FEC-42BF-A2BA-B91C25C3C564.jpeg

Are you that loneStar Hawaiian YouTube guy?

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread from the dead. 

I installed the Rough Country lights, but tossed the wire harness and did my own thing, via GM Upfitter switches.  To be honest, these lights suck.  High beams are just as efficient.  The only benefit of this kit is the brackets.  I wish they were sold separately.  I plan on upgrading to Baja Designs 10" lights and using the Rough Country brackets.  I'll see if Baja Designs can make some S8s with Deutsche connectors. 

Edited by Transient