Rough Country LED Grille kit 2019+

I just installed mine yesterday. I wired my positive wire to the 1st position on the wire block as shown in the photo posted above, factory has it marked as "post 1". All off the posts are HOT all the time. Even when the truck is turned off. When doing this the switch provided by RC has a green light that lights up when you turn the lights on. The bad thing is a red light lights up when the switch is off. The red light stays on even when the ignition is off. Thankfully I did not pull the wires through the fire wall yet. So I am going to rethink how I need to wire these up. 

I want to run a wireless relay and use button 3 on my home link system to activate the lights. But I am not sure which wireless system to buy?

I have this wireless controller coming in from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOUV83K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I completely forgot about the home link buttons up there.  I will hopefully be installing by next Tuesday and will let you know if it works with this kit.  Thanks for that idea!

On 11/25/2019 at 4:42 PM, slj2008 said:

HAS any one installed a led light bar behind the grill of a 2018 with shutters ??? If so ANY information will be helpful . thanks

I have a post on here where the baja designs bar that says work with active shutters did not fit behind my grill of my LTZ.

2 hours ago, Mike Emerson said:

I have this wireless controller coming in from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOUV83K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I completely forgot about the home link buttons up there.  I will hopefully be installing by next Tuesday and will let you know if it works with this kit.  Thanks for that idea!

Please update this when you get it going. I want to know how to run this with the RC kit? Do I still need to run the RC module inline with the module from this kit?

Got to work on the truck early and got the lights installed yesterday.  The wireless kit came in today so I had a couple minutes to mess with it.  The home link buttons do work for the receiver but I had to program one button for on and a second for off.  I used all of the RC wiring harness and just unplugged the switch and plugged in the wireless receiver there.  Will look closer at it this weekend but it all seems to work great.

13 hours ago, Mike Emerson said:

Got to work on the truck early and got the lights installed yesterday.  The wireless kit came in today so I had a couple minutes to mess with it.  The home link buttons do work for the receiver but I had to program one button for on and a second for off.  I used all of the RC wiring harness and just unplugged the switch and plugged in the wireless receiver there.  Will look closer at it this weekend but it all seems to work great.

If you find a controller that has one button for on and the same button it off it will work with 1 homelink button.  I used this one which is a 2 channel and used the other 2 buttons I had for both channels.  Mash it once comes on and again and goes off. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068D0OBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10 hours ago, Mudcon said:

If you find a controller that has one button for on and the same button it off it will work with 1 homelink button.  I used this one which is a 2 channel and used the other 2 buttons I had for both channels.  Mash it once comes on and again and goes off. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068D0OBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice, I had already bought the one I have before I heard about the homelink button idea.  I don't have a garage and never even paid any attention to them.  I would have been happy just to have the remote and not have to mess with running a wire through the firewall.  It is nice to have the buttons work also though and not have to dig the remote out of the console.

Got a question for those that installed the lights already.  Looking at the instructions when I cut the inserts out of the grill, what holds the light in place and keeps it from falling through the grill on the bowtie side of the lights?  I see the outside part with RC on it will be held by the remaining grill but looks like the other part will just fall through on my LTZ or am I missing something?

4 hours ago, Mudcon said:

Got a question for those that installed the lights already.  Looking at the instructions when I cut the inserts out of the grill, what holds the light in place and keeps it from falling through the grill on the bowtie side of the lights?  I see the outside part with RC on it will be held by the remaining grill but looks like the other part will just fall through on my LTZ or am I missing something?

The brackets hold it on from the back and essentially clamp the light in place. 

I checked them last week and they have not moved since I have installed them. 

1 hour ago, Smoothbassman said:

The brackets hold it on from the back and essentially clamp the light in place. 

I checked them last week and they have not moved since I have installed them. 

So the side towards the bowtie does not fall through?

On 1/4/2020 at 8:20 PM, Mudcon said:

So the side towards the bowtie does not fall through?

There are 2 little brackets that go on both sides of the 2 lights. These adjust the angle up and down that the light points in. Then there are 2 more brackets per light that hold it to the back side of the grille. 1 for each side. 1 of the four brackets goes in a specific location. Once you bolt these brackets in the lights are locked in place. But you can not adjust the aim of the lights without taking these brackets off.

The RC direction's are not the best.

There are 2 little brackets that go on both sides of the 2 lights. These adjust the angle up and down that the light points in. Then there are 2 more brackets per light that hold it to the back side of the grille. 1 for each side. 1 of the four brackets goes in a specific location. Once you bolt these brackets in the lights are locked in place. But you can not adjust the aim of the lights without taking these brackets off.

The RC direction's are not the best.

In my experience, past and present, drilling new holes on any of the brackets is an “individually” optional. In my case, I drilled new holes and used stainless steel screws, washers and nuts to help lessen the possibility of any future rust.

Sent from Above

• txab changed the title to Rough Country LED Grille kit 2019+

Well I got it in over the weekend.  I will start a new post on the whole process but they apparently did not test the kit on a LTZ or a High Country.  The grills are different.  It fit but the off bracket that the instructions say is for the pass side with the dip in it needed one more bracket like that cause the LTZ and the High Country grills have the same dip on the drivers side also.  I will test it out some more at night but so far I am not impressed with the amount of light it puts out.  I was hoping to get more light above the headlight stopping point but although it does have light it just not bright enough for me.