Frame plugs

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried the Raptor/F150 frame plugs yet? They look like they may fit... For $12 I think I will give them a shot since I haven’t seen a better solution yet. Here is a link to eBay... Let me know what y’all think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-Square-Frame-Hole-Plug-for-Left-Rear-Wheel-on-2015-and-later-Models-/371612442414?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Has anyone tried the Raptor/F150 frame plugs yet? They look like they may fit... For $12 I think I will give them a shot since I haven’t seen a better solution yet. Here is a link to eBay... Let me know what y’all think?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-Square-Frame-Hole-Plug-for-Left-Rear-Wheel-on-2015-and-later-Models-/371612442414?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Please let us know what you think. I'm interested in doing this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

No, it won't. I ordered a 4" and 3" square tube plug and neither fit. It's not actually square, it's rectangle shaped. I got an ebay message from the company I bought the round and small rectangular plugs from asking if I could provide measurements of the larger rectangle plug and they would attempt to make the part. I had measured it prior to them messaging me, but now I have to re-measure and provide them pictures.

• 2 months later...

Interesting...first thing I thought when seeing this post is aren't those frame passages not water tight? don't they have drain holes and other holes in them where plastic wire harness anchors are attached? if so water will find a way inside there even if plugged, and if plugged it will be extremely slow to evaporate and likely cause more corrosion...

but those who have used these in the past, that's not the case? it does actually resist corrosion?

I would think plugs for any of the frame holes would be fairly easy to design and 3D print...

I don't know where you live, but in snow country big gaping holes along the wheels pack full of snow and salt and dirt which lead to rust. It's not about making it water tight, that's honestly not possible with the frame at all. The idea is to keep as much crud out of there as possible so it doesn't rust from the inside out. I really want one for the huge rectangular hole because that thing is full of crap because of it being at the leading edge of the rear wheel so lots of crap gets thrown in that direction off the top of the tires.

12 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I don't know where you live, but in snow country big gaping holes along the wheels pack full of snow and salt and dirt which lead to rust. It's not about making it water tight, that's honestly not possible with the frame at all. The idea is to keep as much crud out of there as possible so it doesn't rust from the inside out. I really want one for the huge rectangular hole because that thing is full of crap because of it being at the leading edge of the rear wheel so lots of crap gets thrown in that direction off the top of the tires.

good to know. I'm going to look into this. I plan to have this truck for a long time.

I live in snow country, but around these parts most people run winter tires (or at least it seems) and the local gov is less salt happy. they treat the interstates and any dangerous areas like where there's a steep down hill right up to a stoplight/stop sign, but otherwise they don't pour salt on every inch constantly in the winter time. its actually really nice. neighborhood roads stay snow/ice covered for weeks after a big snow. they'll plow the bulk away and the rest just stays there. yet for some reason people buy cars/tires suited for our climate and no one has much trouble getting around even with much less rust-causing salt. pretty amazing if you ask me. not to say we're salt free, care must always be taken. but I've lived in areas where they salt the crap out of every road even when the weatherman predicts snow. crazy.