On an AT4, is Driver Alert/Sunroof/Technology Package worth ~ $5500?

12 hours ago, redwngr said:

On 2020 1500, adaptive cruise is currently available on SLT, AT4 and Denali. 

On HD pickups, adaptive cruise is not currently available on any trim.

It's GM being GM. Spend big $$$ to develop great technology, then try not to sell it to customers. 

A note I forgot to add technology wise...my AT4 came with the Kicker audio system in the tailgate. I did not want this but they gave it to me for free. They also didn't put in the tailgate lights into kicker audio system so I had to order them myself and I'll be putting them in next week. Unless you are a tailgater for sports or whatever (I'm not) then I don't recommend the $600-$800 that this thing costs.

I’d like to have the HU display and the surround cameras but everything else would be turned off before I left the parking lot so I didn’t order the package. I turned off all that Collision avoidance and lane departure crap in my denali on the trip home as it was nothing but a distraction.

Sunroof, yes. I work in the dark and I like having it open with the split back window during warm summer nights. 

I’d like to have the HU display and the surround cameras but everything else would be turned off before I left the parking lot so I didn’t order the package. I turned off all that Collision avoidance and lane departure crap in my denali on the trip home as it was nothing but a distraction.

Sunroof, yes. I work in the dark and I like having it open with the split back window during warm summer nights. 

How close do you follow people? The collision avoidance barely every goes off on my truck. Lane departure is annoying I'll give you that but the collision avoidance it's actually pretty useful.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

It's GM being GM. Spend big $$$ to develop great technology, then try not to sell it to customers. 

Who said the development was done for it to work with the HD's?

3 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

How close do you follow people? The collision avoidance barely every goes off on my truck. Lane departure is annoying I'll give you that but the collision avoidance it's actually pretty useful.

AND, there are following distance choices that can be set.

We have more than one vehicle with the collision warning part (but not adaptive cruise).  We also rarely have the collision avoidance go off. 

2 hours ago, redwngr said:

Who said the development was done for it to work with the HD's?

Why would they not put it in? The competitors have it and it's a very useful feature for many buyers. Plus, it's a standard feature on just about any new vehicle, even a $16k Toyota Corolla. Should absolutely be available on a $50k+ truck.

• Like 1

Probably to give them something to add the the list of 'improvements' for the 2nd year. 

They did recently (Oct) increase the number of trims that it is available on for the 1500's.

Edited by redwngr

On 10/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, M R Trucks said:

I got my AT4 today and drove it the 270 miles back home. What a sweet truck! I ended up getting one with the technology package/ driver alert/ and sunroof. The 6.2 with the performance exhaust sounds great and is very responsive. Now I’ve got to figure out how to add the tires and leveling kit that I want and still be able to park the thing in my garage. 

I’m also thankful for all of the good advice that I have gotten from this forum. I bought it his truck from a dealership that I didn’t even know existed a week and a half ago.

0E6C684E-6CBD-401D-A107-6D1536B13698.jpeg

Beautiful truck! I don’t think you’ll regret getting the add-ons you did. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Not close at all. It would mostly happen when I’d be avoiding the a hole that cut me off to turn into the parking lot or the street they were about to miss. I’d be changing into the left lane to avoid them and my dashboard would look like a Christmas tree and my ass felt like my wife’s lightsaber was stuck in the seat. 

Just leave the driving up to me thank you very much.

Not close at all. It would mostly happen when I’d be avoiding the a hole that cut me off to turn into the parking lot or the street they were about to miss. I’d be changing into the left lane to avoid them and my dashboard would look like a Christmas tree and my ass felt like my wife’s lightsaber was stuck in the seat. 

Just leave the driving up to me thank you very much.
Do what you want but it did exactly what it's supposed to do. It'd be a different story if it was going off for no reason. You can also turn the seat off.

46 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Do what you want but it did exactly what it's supposed to do. It'd be a different story if it was going off for no reason. You can also turn the seat off.

I didn’t say it doesn’t work, it’s just distracting when I’m trying to make an evasive manoeuvre and I don’t find it to be of any help. If I made a habit of not paying attention then I’d leave it on. I had the seat and the lights off after the first time it did it’s whole thing. My new truck doesn’t have it so it’s a non issue.

Edited by dw91
  • Like 1

I didn’t say it doesn’t work, it’s just distracting when I’m trying to make an evasive manoeuvre and I don’t find it to be of any help. If I made a habit of not paying attention then I’d leave it on. I had the seat and the lights off after the first time it did it’s whole thing. My new truck doesn’t have it so it’s a non issue.
The lane keep assist is annoying AF. I agree on that one but the collision avoidance is another story. I know everyone is different but for me personally I'd rather have it go off even when I'm aware of it to help with that 1% of the time I'm caught off guard.

10 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

The lane keep assist is annoying AF. I agree on that one but the collision avoidance is another story. I know everyone is different but for me personally I'd rather have it go off even when I'm aware of it to help with that 1% of the time I'm caught off guard.

My current truck (because its an HD) doesn't have LKA, but I agree it was annoying.  Annoying enough that it made me pay better attention to my lane position AND the timing of using the blinker when I was changing lanes.

I guess that's a good thing....

My current truck (because its an HD) doesn't have LKA, but I agree it was annoying.  Annoying enough that it made me pay better attention to my lane position AND the timing of using the blinker when I was changing lanes.

I guess that's a good thing....
I just got the button and turn it off lol