2017 6.2 Liter injector problems

If your within your factory warranty, yes. If you're out of your factory warranty, no.

Are you asking if there is a recall or bulletin on this issue? Personally haven't heard of 6.2 injector issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The dealer said I have at least one bad injector but the injectors them selves are not covered under any warranty. So I will have to pay out of pocket. But I have seen numerous posts about people getting letters from GM about a warranty for the injectors. 

My truck has thrown the code P050D and the P0300 and they aren’t sure what injector it is. So they have to run a pressure test to see which injector is going bad. I would much rather it be under warranty or else it will cost a pretty penny. And I don’t trust myself working on these newer motors. 

18 minutes ago, Spencer Burns said:

My truck has thrown the code P050D and the P0300 and they aren’t sure what injector it is. So they have to run a pressure test to see which injector is going bad. I would much rather it be under warranty or else it will cost a pretty penny. And I don’t trust myself working on these newer motors. 

How many miles? 

lots of short trips?

I only have 9300 miles on my 2018 and 1.5 years of bumper to bumper warranty left. Sucks a fuel injector is not considered powertrain warranty (because they know they are a semi common failure point) 

you can open a case with GM customer care and ask them to cover the cost. Maybe they will at least cover some of it...

There was an extended warranty but only for 2014 and 2015 I believe. 

I bought it with 36,000 miles on it which I believe was the factory warranty on it. My truck now has 47,000 miles. It only started doing it with In the last 500 miles. Very erratic on the code. I work out of my truck around town so some short trips but I have pulled my camper more miles than I’ve done short trips. Has always ran fine up Until recently. My dealership said that pretty much everything that touches the injector is covered but the injector

It is only for some 14-15s my 15 had the seals fail on #6 and they wanted $1400 for the bank 2 injectors. I replaced them myself for $400 only to have #4 fail a week later. I replaced #4 and #6 again this week. We'll see If I get more than a week this time. In my case it wasn't the injectors that failed it was the compression seals on the injectors that blew out causing a loss of compression. They require a special tool for installing and sizing the seals that's why I just replaced all four on the one bank.

As far as the warranty letter, I've only seen a few people get one and unfortunately it wasn't me.

The DI injectors are definitely more tricky to replace, but not impossible. Both times when mine failed they threw a fuel trim imbalance code and I used a scanner to see what cylinder was misfiring. Once you pull the intake and foam sound insulator just look down in the injector holes and you'll see which seals are bad. There will be carbon in the holes of the ones with bad seals as compression gases are escaping passed the injectors. I'm still not sold on this being an injector problem as apposed to a more serious engine problem causing the seals to fail. I'm curious if everyone else that had the seals fail were all on AFM cylinders like my truck. Both times mine were 4 and 6.a752cad6487f20cba643682a18a82fd0.jpgaebd7c373481a0b8115e820d1aefb9c2.jpg

There are no special tools needed to R&R the DI injectors. I changed the ones in my 17 Camaro SS in my garage, took about an hour for both rails. The seals on the tips come right off, the new injector come with several spare set of seals. 

The biggest pain in the ass is getting the clip off that secures the injector to the rail. You need something that will spread the clip open and hold it open so you can push it back and off of the injector. Then it is just a matter of pulling the injector out of the rail. They dont come out very easy and once they do come out it destroy's the seals on the tip.