6.2L tuner?

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

Trifecta has a tune that is around $700 for 6.2L. Does anyone have any information on this other than tech from the company that says significant gains?

Yes, they do but it's for the K2XX body style trucks. There is nothing on their site that I found for the T1XX trucks with the 5.3/6.2 engines.

• Thanks 1

My 2018 Sierra SLT with 6.2L had a Hypertech tune and it was rated at 27HP/23TQ. I purchased it for $300 through Autoanything, and it was quite impressive for a plug and play system. Their staff is super knowledgeable and easy to work with. They basically tune the truck to it's full potential, then cut back 20% for safety purposes, is what the tech told me. I also had cat-back exhaust and S & B CAI on it. 

I was leaning towards BlackBear, but from what I read, even they couldn't re-tune the tranny at that time, and their gains were not much more than Hypertech. So I saved over $300, and I chose them mainly because of AFM and speedo re-calibration. It exceeded my expectations, and for the price it was unbeatable in my opinion. 

Wish GM wouldn't have made their new trucks so hard to tune. Most of us just want a simple bump in HP/TQ, along with adjustments of the speedo. 

• 3 months later...

The wait is over! Diablo just released THE PULSAR LT CONTROL MODULE - 22451 https://www.diablosport.com/shop/pulsar-lt-control-module.html?SID=oidk3q1ekdcrjjam9c51mnukd4 Adjust speed limiter, tire size, throttle response, tire pressure, gear ratio, DFM disable, Auto Start/Stop Disable

13 hours ago, ridnwild said:

The wait is over! Diablo just released THE PULSAR LT CONTROL MODULE - 22451 https://www.diablosport.com/shop/pulsar-lt-control-module.html?SID=oidk3q1ekdcrjjam9c51mnukd4 Adjust speed limiter, tire size, throttle response, tire pressure, gear ratio, DFM disable, Auto Start/Stop Disable

This still doesn’t give you anymore HP/TQ does it?  
I’m hoping now with this that HP tuners will lower their price and we can tune our trucks for around $800 to $1000. 

No it doesn't add any HP or TQ but it does what I was looking for. Adjust the top speed limiter, auto stop/start, throttle sensitivity, and DFM disable. I'm not going to pay 1,300+ programing just to get 30-40hp. I've already put the GM cold air intake and performance exhaust on it and I think with the throttle sensitivity it'll be a huge gain. I would have to put a supercharger on it to justify spending that much on a program.

22 minutes ago, ridnwild said:

No it doesn't add any HP or TQ but it does what I was looking for. Adjust the top speed limiter, auto stop/start, throttle sensitivity, and DFM disable. I'm not going to pay 1,300+ programing just to get 30-40hp. I've already put the GM cold air intake and performance exhaust on it and I think with the throttle sensitivity it'll be a huge gain. I would have to put a supercharger on it to justify spending that much on a program.

I’d pay $1300 for 40hp. Heck my exhaust and CAI was $1650. Might have gotten 20hp out of it.  If you can get 40hp for $1300. That’s a bargain if you think about. 

31 minutes ago, ridnwild said:

White Audio Media group (WAM) can do all this and it's 300+60 for the tool rental.  It can also do a ton more like auto-up windows from keyfob

4 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I’d pay $1300 for 40hp. Heck my exhaust and CAI was $1650. Might have gotten 20hp out of it.  If you can get 40hp for $1300. That’s a bargain if you think about. 

The throttle sensitivity is like adding HP. It responds so much faster that it will smoke a truck with more HP but no the sensitivity adjusted. The stock adjustment is just sluggish.

Just now, ridnwild said:

The throttle sensitivity is like adding HP. It responds so much faster that it will smoke a truck with more HP but no the sensitivity adjusted. The stock adjustment is just sluggish.

I totally agree, but if HP tuners lowers there price, and you get all that you have with the pulsar and pay another $800ish for 40hp. That’s what I’m looking for. 

I’ll wait till this spring to see if anything else develops and some more kinks get worked out do this pulsar unit. From what I’m reading it’s sounds very nice. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

White Audio Media group (WAM) can do all this and it's 300+60 for the tool rental.  It can also do a ton more like auto-up windows from keyfob

I like the Diablo because there is no flash needed. once unplugged there is no trace it was there unless the GM tech guy pulls your speed history.

Also I would be leary because HP tuners are the only ones so far who have broken the code.

Edited by ridnwild

12 minutes ago, ridnwild said:

I like the Diablo because there is no flash needed. once unplugged there is no trace it was there unless the GM tech guy pulls your speed history.

Also I would be leary because HP tuners are the only ones so far who have broken the code.

They are the only ones to break the ECM.  Crazy enough, it's a 30 dollar chip but a ton of work to get that thing open without trashing it.

BCM is a different piece of the puzzle and that is what WAMs adjusts.  Owner is on this page but forget his handle.  Anyone know it?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ridnwild said:

It will only smoke that truck if your both racing at part throttle.  I’ve personally never tried that.  It doesn’t add any wot horsepower, it just tricks you into thinking you have more.  

5 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

They are the only ones to break the ECM.  Crazy enough, it's a 30 dollar chip but a ton of work to get that thing open without trashing it.

BCM is a different piece of the puzzle and that is what WAMs adjusts.  Owner is on this page but forget his handle.  Anyone know it?

Chris White.  Gtprix