6.2L tuner?

19 minutes ago, Billet Bowtie said:

I haven't heard of any tuners yet. I know they just started being able to tune with HP tuners about a month ago. Hopefully that opens the door for tuners to become available at a affordable option.

I read that too...but nothing listed for purchase yet.

HP tuners is the only option as of now.  But like the rams; edge and diablo sport offered a tuner that piggybacked the PCM.  It was less than half the price of buying the unlocked PCM and then purchasing tunes on top of that.  The same thing just happened to the new duramax L5P.  It's currently 7-8k CAD to delete them but edge just released the pulsar which piggybacks the PCM, an 80 or 90hp gain supposedly. I ran the pulsar on my ram and it worked real good! I think it'll come out for these 5.3/6.2's eventually.  

I’ve been searching all over for this info! Where do y’all find it? I saw the afe scorcher pro as well and got suckered into the pre order, but I’ve been wanting to find a way for custom tunes and a pro charger. With everything added up in the cart on the hp website, I got 2300$ and change for ecm exchange, tcm exchange, mpvi2 and the necessary 14 credits. Does this sound right to y’all? Hopefully y’all can direct me to some top notch tuners in the 6.2 gasser world. I’m coming from tuned diesels, is black bear still one of the best tuners? Thanks y’all. Sorry to kind of highjack your post. 

There will be no handheld tuners for $500 available. The only way to do it is the way that HP Tuners does it which leaves out anything other then unlocking the ECM and having someone who knows the GM DI vehicles program it, unless you have that knowledge yourself. $1900 bare minimum if you can do it yourself. Closer to $3k if you cannot.

Also the 19 TCM is not a T87A so no unlocking is available on that yet. Just the E90 ECM fir now.

I will be putting a Whipple on my AT4 in the next 60-90 days and tuning it myself. Hoping the TCM unlocking will be available by then.

yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^.  Best to have a performance shop just do everything for you, take out your ECM, send it to HP Tuners, install you new ECM, and then they will do a custom tune on your vehicle... and yeah your looking north of $3K.  The days of the old hand held Superchips and such are over.

yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^.  Best to have a performance shop just do everything for you, take out your ECM, send it to HP Tuners, install you new ECM, and then they will do a custom tune on your vehicle... and yeah your looking north of $3K.  The days of the old hand held Superchips and such are over.

One thing to add. You cannot replace the ECM unless you have both a GM service tool and HP Tuners. So you can’t send it out and replace it on your own and then drive it stock until it is tuned. The shop tuning it will need to do it all. This will also leave out the part timers who have HP Tuners with an older interface or no access to GM service tools.

16 was the end of the traditional GM security that was able to be unlocked on the fly..... Similar things need to be done with newer Dodge/Ram and Ford will follow shortly...

What piggyback systems are there out there?  I have used things like that, Power Commanders and stuff on motorcycles for 10+ years...  Easy to plug them in to the injectors and coils and then take the truck to a shop with a dyno and have them create a custom fuel/ignition map for you.

Leaves no trace on the ECU for the warranty dept to pick up on, as everything happens after the ECM.  Vengeance Racing is near me, and I may drive over there to see what they can offer for my 5.3L Trail Boss...

• 3 months later...
On 11/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, lt1z said:

There will be no handheld tuners for $500 available. The only way to do it is the way that HP Tuners does it which leaves out anything other then unlocking the ECM and having someone who knows the GM DI vehicles program it, unless you have that knowledge yourself. $1900 bare minimum if you can do it yourself. Closer to $3k if you cannot.

Also the 19 TCM is not a T87A so no unlocking is available on that yet. Just the E90 ECM fir now.

I will be putting a Whipple on my AT4 in the next 60-90 days and tuning it myself. Hoping the TCM unlocking will be available by then.

I spoke to the Diablo guys a couple weeks ago, and they said they don’t know when but eventually they’ll have something.   I was going remove the VIN lock on mine as sell it, but their tech guy said wait, so that gives me a little hope that new code is coming.

I called the Diablo guys a couple of weeks ago myself and they said that they are hoping to have a working programmer in 3-4 months. The key word is "hoping". He didn't make any promises but did sound like they were onto something.