6.2L tuner?

49 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

You do not. To tune the TCM you need an unlocked TCM but you can do the ECM just fine.

And yes to the Mopar deal. I have a buddy who has a 2017 Charger 5.7 and he had to buy the unlocked PCM for his Diablo. Planning on giving him an HPTuners tune soon.

so only way to unlock the factory e85 tune is with a HP tuners?

That would be correct. You'd also have to install an alcohol sensor and wire it in as well as update the programming. I'd have to look into more but I'm not sure it's that easy.

This thread doesn't make it seem promising.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?96038-2020-GMC-Sierra-and-Flex-Fuel&highlight=e90+flex+fuel

Without asking the guy I'm not sure what he means by it doesn't change the fueling. That either means the truck will read the correct ethanol content in the fuel but not change the stoich ratio for that fuel or it does change the stoich but will not follow any of the other fuel related tables for power enrichment.

As far as the TCM goes, the T93 is still locked down as far as I know. There is no tuning available for that yet.

Cam you are right it is still locked down. 

For some extra info about the ECM, it is locked down so you would need HPTuners to crack it BUT Diablo apparently has a plug and play tuner available. Apparently the ECM unlock is included in the $700. 

For Mopars if you get the Diablo cracked ECM you are able to tune with HPTuners. I am curious to know if someone buys the Diablo tuner if you can then use HPTuners on the car...

17 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Cam you are right it is still locked down. 

For some extra info about the ECM, it is locked down so you would need HPTuners to crack it BUT Diablo apparently has a plug and play tuner available. Apparently the ECM unlock is included in the $700. 

For Mopars if you get the Diablo cracked ECM you are able to tune with HPTuners. I am curious to know if someone buys the Diablo tuner if you can then use HPTuners on the car...

The hang up I have with the Diablo tuner is that the ecm still has to be removed and sent out to be unlocked the sent back then tuned.  

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, ridnwild said:

It's not adding HP it's opening the throttle faster. Therefore the truck takes off faster. faster throttle = faster take off. It's a huge gain but it will break stuff.

It's no different than just pushing the throttle down faster.  Just tricking your own mind