6.2L tuner?

3 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

It will only smoke that truck if your both racing at part throttle.  I’ve personally never tried that.  It doesn’t add any wot horsepower, it just tricks you into thinking you have more.  

Not through the quarter. It responds and takes off soo much faster the other one doesn't have time to catch up.

4 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

It will only smoke that truck if your both racing at part throttle.  I’ve personally never tried that.  It doesn’t add any wot horsepower, it just tricks you into thinking you have more.  

My understanding is it tricks the truck into removing torque management.  ie, instead of the throttle blade "slowly" opening, it's instant (or somewhere in between instant and stock).  It's meant to put less shock on the drivetrain for reliability 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

My understanding is it tricks the truck into removing torque management.  ie, instead of the throttle blade "slowly" opening, it's instant (or somewhere in between instant and stock).  It's meant to put less shock on the drivetrain for reliability 

How is instantly adding hp less of a shock than slowly adding hp?  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Um... tap your thumb with a hammer

Now tap it harder

Now go to town

Which hurts more?

To be closer to apples and apples, neutral drop your truck several times and let us know how that trans (or at least the input shaft) holds up

Google "Torque Management", I didn't just come up with this out of thin air

Edited by Rob Mugs

[mention=130449]GTPprix[/mention]care to weigh in on yours vs theirs?

I too worry about warranty.  Are you able to get around the speed limiter (and other things this other device can do) through the BCM alone?

Not sure what you’re after specifically however you can find the features list on the site which is pretty extensive. Warranty wise our biggest customers are dealers if that tells you anything ;)

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/t1-pickup-wams-spec-bcm-programming/
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Not sure what you’re after specifically however you can find the features list on the site which is pretty extensive. Warranty wise our biggest customers are dealers if that tells you anything ?

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/t1-pickup-wams-spec-bcm-programming/

I just noted the price of yours was less and has more options.  To be honest, I'm not a fan of the piggy back systems but they DO seem to be better for those uptight dealerships

Guess the only thing I wasn't 100% sure on was that speed limiter.  Would have thought it was part of the ECM

Edited by Rob Mugs

5 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

It's not adding HP it's opening the throttle faster. Therefore the truck takes off faster. faster throttle = faster take off. It's a huge gain but it will break stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, ridnwild said:

It's not adding HP it's opening the throttle faster. Therefore the truck takes off faster. faster throttle = faster take off. It's a huge gain but it will break stuff.

What he said :)

4 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

Um... tap your thumb with a hammer

Now tap it harder

Now go to town

Which hurts more?

To be closer to apples and apples, neutral drop your truck several times and let us know how that trans (or at least the input shaft) holds up

Google "Torque Management", I didn't just come up with this out of thin air

Sorry, the post I quoted you sounded like you were saying that instant torque/hp is easier on the drivetrain than slowly adding it.  

• Like 1

I just noted the price of yours was less and has more options.  To be honest, I'm not a fan of the piggy back systems but they DO seem to be better for those uptight dealerships

I’d say dealer wise you’re fine with either. BCM’s don’t report CVN’s like an ecm or tcm so unless you tell them they really aren’t going to know and the odds are pretty good they are one of our customers anyhow ;)

BCM is actually the speed limiter master, that’s why when you get tunes they have to set it from “external” or “other module” to internal.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Sorry, the post I quoted you sounded like you were saying that instant torque/hp is easier on the drivetrain than slowly adding it.  

It 100% is

Lift your rear end up 1/2" off the ground and spin the wheels to 100mph in the air.  Drop it down and watch everything shatter.  This is the extreme but torque management hinders performance for durability 

11 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

I’d say dealer wise you’re fine with either. BCM’s don’t report CVN’s like an ecm or tcm so unless you tell them they really aren’t going to know and the odds are pretty good they are one of our customers anyhow ?

BCM is actually the speed limiter master, that’s why when you get tunes they have to set it from “external” or “other module” to internal.

Thanks for the clarification, Chris.  I haven't programmed an ECM myself since the 870/165s in third gen F-Bodies where you still needed to wipe it using UV light lol

Thanks for the clarification, Chris.  I haven't programmed an ECM myself since the 870/165s in third gen F-Bodies where you still needed to wipe it using UV light lol

Heh the good ol days LOL did my first tuning the same way on the LC2 :)

FWIW, I plan on ordering Chris' option since I first started looking just for having the Window UP via keyfob function.  The fact it comes with oodles more is icing

I'm also a sucker for a small business over large corps ?

Edited by Rob Mugs