Linkswell 12.1" Gen 3

Looks interesting. Especially the "upgraded rearview camera" would be a great feature. How did you solve the issue with the bluetooth microphone? Can you fit it "hidden" like the OEM one?

Are you so far satisfied with the handling/response time in cold/hot temperature?

Edited by movario

2 hours ago, rbrjr1 said:

I didn’t know those even existed.. I’ll be watching this one, for sure..

You have total connectivity across all factory menus.?

What trim level/year did you install it on?

I installed this on a 2018 LTZ. 

List of features not retained:

XM radio
HD radio
CD Player
Driver Information Center radio & navigation displays
Factory rear entertainment
Factory rear controls 

XM is easily replaced by the app with hotspot or wifi. So no loss there. Radio is the same with apps. I never onced used the cd player in my truck. Not too concerned with the driver info. Haven't installed rear entertainment. So for me, I didnt lose anything really.

Everything works as it should, sound quality is great. I did have yo purchase the Bose amplifier box. Navigation is way better as I also purchased the iGo license. So far everything is great. Install was easy, plug and play. Satisfied greatly so far!

2 hours ago, movario said:

Looks interesting. Especially the "upgraded rearview camera" would be a great feature. How did you solve the issue with the bluetooth microphone? Can you fit it "hidden" like the OEM one?

Are you so far satisfied with the handling/response time in cold/hot temperature?

I put the mic where they suggested in the install video. I may look for other alternatives in the future. Have a few ideas. Response time is good as long as you're not trying to do everything at once and run a ton of apps constantly.

31 minutes ago, DHaze83 said:

I put the mic where they suggested in the install video. I may look for other alternatives in the future. Have a few ideas. Response time is good as long as you're not trying to do everything at once and run a ton of apps constantly.

Why not just splice into the OEM mic and run the wiring for it down the Drivers A pillar cover?

or buying a second "factory" mic and installing it right next to the original (assuming tampering with the original could alter how OnStar works..)

11 minutes ago, DHaze83 said:

All good ideas. But I will shoot those guys an email before doing any splicing. I wouldn't be surprised if theyve already thought of yhese things.

often enough the people that create these types of plug and play systems aren't interested in splicing at all, which is why you've got harnesses including 4-5 rca connectors that are going unused on a stock Bose install.

dont get me wrong, I love the idea of having a tablet style head unit, but not at the cost of sacrificing sirius/hd radio/cd/dvd/etc. plus all the drivers information center integration. 

looks great, but I'd just never go through with it until they offer an integration with fewer seams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

often enough the people that create these types of plug and play systems aren't interested in splicing at all, which is why you've got harnesses including 4-5 rca connectors that are going unused on a stock Bose install.

dont get me wrong, I love the idea of having a tablet style head unit, but not at the cost of sacrificing sirius/hd radio/cd/dvd/etc. plus all the drivers information center integration. 

looks great, but I'd just never go through with it until they offer an integration with fewer seams.

For me, Sirius and radio is solved with my unlimited data plan and the apps. CD, I never used once. DVD, is actually better for me as I can play multiple formats on the tablet. As far as losing the music part of the drivers info center, thats really no big deal considering theres a 12" screen in front of me. 

Yes, I would love to see a 100% plug an play with no features lost. Maybe on day. But its all about what you want and what you're good with. Im ok with this. It works better for me and my wants! 

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted about this unit. Not bad for the price considering a apple carplay upgrade is 200 less. I am gonna try building my own tablet to work and make it removable to access the original screen when needed, or relocate the original screen. Keep us updated on how its working, curious on longevity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I just posted about this unit. Not bad for the price considering a apple carplay upgrade is 200 less. I am gonna try building my own tablet to work and make it removable to access the original screen when needed, or relocate the original screen. Keep us updated on how its working, curious on longevity.

My buddy did this in his TBSS back in the day. Had a custom dash bezel that allowed his iPad to slide out the side. He worked for a mobile audio place at the time and it was a process, but the finished product was pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My buddy did this in his TBSS back in the day. Had a custom dash bezel that allowed his iPad to slide out the side. He worked for a mobile audio place at the time and it was a process, but the finished product was pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I tried the tablet route. Didnt like it. Swapped out for a whole new head unit.