Transmission filter and fluid change

No, I would add nothing. The reason a Flush is a bad idea is because some shops use old fluid to flush and you end up dirty than when you came in. If new fluid is used to flush a transmission you will see no issue.

I would recommend if you don't want to do a flush to drop the pan, put in a filter and fill. After a week do it a second time and you will be set for a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Markus Escamilla said:

On a white paper towel my transmission fluid is light brown. I have been debating on whether I should change it or not because people tell me that it will stop shifting good. Should i just change it and add some lucas transmission fix?

What's the debate? Shift quality going away by replacing damaged fluid with fresh?  What are you trying to 'fix' with the Lucas if it's already "shifting good'? 

Fresh fluid will not deteriorate shift quality. EVER. The method used to do so might. If it shifts good now Lucas wont do anything. If it shifts poorly nothing short of a rebuild is more likely the answer than fluid magic. Thing is, it isn't likely to hurt anything either. so....

Simple pan drop, filter change and refill with the correct fluid. Some shops can kill a trans with a flush, some will not. You have no idea who is who. Right? 

5 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What's the debate? Shift quality going away by replacing damaged fluid with fresh?  What are you trying to 'fix' with the Lucas if it's already "shifting good'? 

Fresh fluid will not deteriorate shift quality. EVER. The method used to do so might. If it shifts good now Lucas wont do anything. If it shifts poorly nothing short of a rebuild is more likely the answer than fluid magic. Thing is, it isn't likely to hurt anything either. so....

Simple pan drop, filter change and refill with the correct fluid. Some shops can kill a trans with a flush, some will not. You have no idea who is who. Right? 

Get outta here with your logic, ahhahaha j/k.

Good points........x2

I myself don't like flushing because it can stir up anything that's sitting in pan. I pull pan clean it out if reusing it. Like to replace the stamped steel pans with cast, one with cooling fins and a drain plug. Change out filter and put all back together. This only drains a few quarts of entire system, theres still fluid in cooling lines to radiator and whats in torque converter. But if you do like above and drive it a week or so , drain again and replace fluid it will be cleaner.